Forum Services?

Stuff that relates to the running of the forums, and not to Ranger reenactment.
jackadmin
Athel Dunedain

Forum Services?

Post by jackadmin »

Just mulling over other services that we might wish to have on the forum...

The three I was thinking of was a Ranger Wiki to capture the best ideas, An image gallery, and forum RSS feeds.

Any thoughts, suggestions, other ideas?

Finally, would anyone else like to be a forum admin/moderator? This would be very useful if we found ourselves in a similar situation as we recently had with the Boardhost list...
Chris Russo
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Chris Russo »

I think the wiki idea is a great one. Some great conclusions are come to in our conversations sometimes, but they get buried as the thread gets old. A place to immortalize some of the best info we've come across would be great.

Ditto to the image gallery--we should start uploading pics of us in kit.

I've been a moderator before, and am willing to be one again, but I've never been an admin, so before I volunteer I'll wait to see if someone more experienced is willing.
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Not more experienced, actually far less experienced I'll wager. But I'm willing to help out however I can. Can someone let me know what would be expected of the two different positions? I'm looking to get more involved than I currently am.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

With the recent threads posted to this site that do not apply to the site's topic:

Yes, It's definately time for a moderator with the ability to remove unwanted posts and unwanted members.
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Ya think!!! Man, we can't even have a nice forum for rangers without getting invaded!
jackadmin
Athel Dunedain

Post by jackadmin »

Hey guys, sorry for the dorks. THey've been removed. I wish I'd caught it earlier, but I've been wrapped up in work for a few weeks and not been paying attention.

Those responsible have been sacked, and the credits have been finished by a new team at the last minute at a great expense.
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

That's great to read man. Glad your guarding the boarders.
Winter is coming