Forum Subsection for other Free Peoples?

Stuff that relates to the running of the forums, and not to Ranger reenactment.
Udwin
Vendor

Forum Subsection for other Free Peoples?

Post by Udwin »

I was just thinking the other day that it might not be a bad idea for the MERF to have a section of the forum designated for folks working on non-Dunedain (or maybe just non-Man) impressions/personas/kits. Not that we need to have a whole other set of separate subforums (Dwarf Soft Kit, Hobbit Soft Kit, Elf Soft Kit...&c.), but just one general, catch-all heading for discussion of 'Other Middle-earth Races'.
I'm not a fan of over-fractured subcultures and I'd hate to think there are people out there more interested in hobbitry or Elvish woods-walking who passed over us because of the focus on the Dunedain. It'd be great for the MERF to be the internet's 'one-stop shop' for all things Tolkien-based 'reenacting'.

I was just curious if anyone else thought this might be a good idea?
Personae: Aistan son of Ansteig, common Beorning of Wilderland; Tungo Brandybuck, Eastfarthing Bounder, 3018 TA; a native Man of the Greyflood, c.850 SA
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Re: Forum Subsection for other Free Peoples?

Post by Greg »

"The Inn at Bree" was supposed to start out as just that, but it's loosely labeled as per the need at the time, which was rather slim. Very few folks needed/wanted it back then. Nowadays, I'd say there's a pretty solid case for having an "Other Free Peoples" forum, say, Right under "Dunedain Culture"?
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Re: Forum Subsection for other Free Peoples?

Post by Manveruon »

Yeah, I dig it. I think there is plenty of interest.
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains