Double Posting

Stuff that relates to the running of the forums, and not to Ranger reenactment.
Iodo
Thangailhir

Double Posting

Post by Iodo »

So, on a few other forums I have been on in the past, double posting is strictly banned and you should always edit your last post instead. Since I realise I am guilty of this a number of times, I just wondered if any such rule I may have failed to read exists here? If so I'll avoid it in future :P
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Re: Double Posting

Post by Elleth »

None I know of. Personally, I like having the "new post" light up so I know something's changed. :)
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Elleth wrote:None I know of. Personally, I like having the "new post" light up so I know something's changed. :)
That's good, since my next post is about to be a triple :lol:
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Haha, yeah... If double-posting wasn't allowed, I'd have been banned about a hundred times over! :lol:
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Manveruon wrote:Haha, yeah... If double-posting wasn't allowed, I'd have been banned about a hundred times over! :lol:
Oh yeah, that reminds me... :P :lol: (Yeah, this is coming from the moderator who rarely comes around any more. Hoping to change that starting NOW.) I'm joking of course.

But to answer the original question, I don't know of any rule about it. Personally I think that if you didn't get a response, maybe something wasn't clear or something changed and your new post may generate responses. Others who have been more active than me are more than welcome to correct me if I'm wrong on this.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.