Mae Govannen

Stuff that relates to the running of the forums, and not to Ranger reenactment.
Ernildir
Haeropada

Mae Govannen

Post by Ernildir »

Greetings, kindred,

I recently stumbled upon these wonderful forums by chance, and am excited to join the Ranger community. I'm an avid Tolkien fan and Dúnedain enthusiast, and I'm very interested in anything pertaining to those subjects. I enjoy Ranger-reenactment and costumery, Elvish languages, poetry, musicianship, archery, swordplay, etc. I look forward to meeting and interacting with the community. :)
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Re: Mae Govannen

Post by Mirimaran »

Hail and well met, Ranger!

Glad that you have found us! Looking forward to reading of your adventures and seeing what you have come up with. I am sure we have a Ranger or two near you, so a moot might not be far behind. We run alot of fun contests here, and have a photo contest coming up soon, you should try it!

Welcome again!

Mirimaran
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Ernildir
Haeropada

Post by Ernildir »

Thank you!

I would love a Ranger moot.

Are you referring to the contest in the thread titled "Summer 2010 Photo Contest"? I was reading about that, and it looks quite exciting, though it doesn't seem to me that any entries have yet been submitted, although the contest ends this month. Do entries usually flood in during the last couple weeks? ;) Anyway, it looks like a lot of fun, and I intend to participate.
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
kaelln

Post by kaelln »

Welcome, Ernildhir! This forum has a lot of great guys and gals that are quite knowledgable and accomplished. Sounds like you'll fit right in!
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

Welcome to the site.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Ernildhir wrote:Thank you!

I would love a Ranger moot.

Are you referring to the contest in the thread titled "Summer 2010 Photo Contest"? I was reading about that, and it looks quite exciting, though it doesn't seem to me that any entries have yet been submitted, although the contest ends this month. Do entries usually flood in during the last couple weeks? ;) Anyway, it looks like a lot of fun, and I intend to participate.

Actually the Ranger Moot has been an attempt to get some of the regionally local Rangers together. Up in the North east there are about 5 of us within striking distance. In the Carolina area another 5 or six. Between Cali, Washinton and Oregon another handful. The trick is to get as many together as possible at the same time. I've met with at least 3 others all at different times, never together and one even long before there were any forums regarding same.

We keep trying and eventually things will work out and we;ll get a good sized group together at the same time.

Regarding the Photo Contest, by all means enter, our last contest was a big suggest but it was in the late fall and winter. Most of the entries were in the last few weeks in that one.

http://ranger.budgetauthenticity.org/fo ... ?f=3&t=422

As you can see we all had a lot of fun and you'll see a lot of variations in garb and equipment.
Jon
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Jon »

Mae Govanen fellow ranger

Life before Death.
Strength before Weakness.
Journey before Destination.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Ernildhir wrote:...though it doesn't seem to me that any entries have yet been submitted, although the contest ends this month. Do entries usually flood in during the last couple weeks? ;) Anyway, it looks like a lot of fun, and I intend to participate.
Most of the entries flood in a week or two after the final date... ;)

This one's probably my fault...I haven't listed what the prize is for this one. I should go do that, though I don't have a photo handy right now.

As for your being in Los Angeles...I'll be visiting my folks in the next month or so. If you're up for doing lunch, maybe taking a hike in my old woods back home in Glendora, let me know, and I'll keep you posted.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Dinendir.
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Dinendir. »

I may be a bit late, but welcome all the same. Good to have you with us.
"Si vis pacem, para bellum."
He who seeks peace, prepares for war.
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Internet access is a bit limited at the moment, but I'm glad to see you here. We all look forward to learning more about you and your adventures.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.