Greetings for Northern Illinois

Stuff that relates to the running of the forums, and not to Ranger reenactment.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Re: Greetings for Northern Illinois

Post by Greg »

To continue that thought, it's very often that newer members, myself included a few years back, believe that they have to have a full kit to get out into the woods and start trekking as a Ranger.

Nay, that is hardly the case!

You don't even have to HAVE a sword or bow to be a Ranger. Just go out into the woods, keep an eye on things (they were "watchers"), practice woodcraft skills, and pursue whatever related topics that interest you, be they swordsmanship, archery, leatherwork, blacksmithing, the list goes on. It's only what you make out of it, so if all you do is sit at home and wish you could buy x amount of garb, you'll never find yourself truly being a ranger. Get yourself into the woods, practice what you preach, and in no time, you'll discover skills you've never had. No one has to know you were in jeans, reeboks, and a band tour t-shirt.

Enjoy! Welcome again!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Elevorn
Wanderer

Post by Elevorn »

Well the thing about the Band tour T-shirt made me lol a little. I definitely will try to get out into the woods sometime next week. (School permitting)
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

I dont have much garb yet but any chance I get I shoot my bow or hike. I just purchased a pack of 4 t-shirts green, brown, gray and dark blue all of them look really good with a pair of brown sweat pants.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Elevorn
Wanderer

Post by Elevorn »

I do shoot my bow a lot but I haven't been able to get out into the forest lately. Cant really ride my bike to it since its to far and I'm not old enough to drive.(Although I do get permit this September!)