A brief introduction

Stuff that relates to the running of the forums, and not to Ranger reenactment.
BrianBlass
Wayfarer

A brief introduction

Post by BrianBlass »

Hello everyone!

My name is Brian and I have been interested in Middle Earth for the better part of a decade. I've done my fair share of LARPing as well in a fantasy setting (I know, I know) and have also been very interested in honing my survival skills. I'm currently working on putting a kit together (a slow process in this economy, especially with a 2 year old at home) but I've already learned a lot just by reading the treasure trove of information in the forums.

I look forward to getting to know everyone and to sharing pics of my progress along the way.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Re: A brief introduction

Post by Greg »

Mae govannen! There's nothing embarrassing about LARP or anything else like that; what we do here is simply, well...different. This isn't the big leagues, or the 'elite' version of the reenactment world. It's just different.

Now, of course, there's plenty of room for us to be biased and say that, of course, this is the BEST of the forms of reenactment out there because it combines realism with historical sources and fantasy all at the same time...but there will always be those who disagree with such an opinion, so I'll stick with different.

Again, welcome aboard! Looking forward to helping you along in any way we can, as well as learning a few things from you!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

Welcome I understand the time and money thing I have a 3 year old girl at home plus work.
Cant wait to see your pics.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Welcome to the boards! Most - if not all - of us either do reenact or have reenacted another time period. I tried out Rev War. Ended badly. Then it was Civ War. Also ended badly. I'm just waiting for these folks to get tired of me and run me away from here too. :lol: But seriously, I enjoy the freedom being a ranger gives. It is open to your own interpretation and environment.

Again, welcome. Make yourself at home.

Eric
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Eric C wrote:Welcome to the boards! Most - if not all - of us either do reenact or have reenacted another time period. I tried out Rev War. Ended badly. Then it was Civ War. Also ended badly. I'm just waiting for these folks to get tired of me and run me away from here too.

See I told everyone he'd get it eventually! (ducks while running away!) :lol:

Back on topic, Welcome to the forum. As you can see we're a little casual around here. You'll find a lot of great folkes with real interesting ideas who are willing to help you out anyway they can.
kaelln

Post by kaelln »

Welcome! I did the kids thing years ago. They're delicious with ketchup! :twisted:
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Peter Remling wrote:
Eric C wrote:See I told everyone he'd get it eventually! (ducks while running away!) :lol:

:lol: :lol: That's sort of the way it was with the Civ War unit. Since I didn't make a reenactment in Florence, SC. they didn't give me a schedule for the rest of the year. It was becoming a huge money drain anyway.

Thanks Pete, I needed a good laugh.

Yep we're pretty casual. That's part of the "draw" for me.

Edited to correct a typo.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Ernildir
Haeropada

Post by Ernildir »

Welcome! :D
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Kiriana
Haeropada

Post by Kiriana »

Hail and well met!! Welcome to the boards!!
“From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.”

http://www.mackermakkeep.com
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

Hail and Well Met! Glad to meet you!
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"