Mae Govannen Brethren

Belly up to the Bar and tell us about yourself.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Hanasian
Wanderer

Mae Govannen Brethren

Post by Hanasian »

Well met! I stumbled onto this site while doing a google search on Middle Earth Calendars, looking for sources outside the usual places. Had a look-see around, and thought I'd join.

Having been a Middle Earth geek since 1975, I've taken a liking to the Men of Numenor, and gravitated to the Dunedain of the North. I've been a part of writing tales based in or influenced by Middle Earth for a few decades, and have enjoyed collaborative writing RP where I usually portray Dunedain. Recently my wife & I started getting into the Medieval faires and such, and so the tale goes on and on. You can take a Ranger out of Middle Earth, but you can't take the Middle Earth out of a Ranger.

Since I seem to enjoy good beer and good food, one would think I have hobbit blood, but this Dunedain Ranger does have working relationships with a couple of the great brewers of the North Farthing. As a friendly gesture to this fine inn, I bring a firkin of oatmeal stout from Largebarrel Brewing of Oatbarton for the innkeeper to tap at their leisure.

Now, I heard a tale of the prettiest girl at the Pony....
Hanasían
Annalist, Physician, & Historian
of The Black Company of the Dúnedain,
The Free Company of Arnor
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Re: Mae Govannen Brethren

Post by Greg »

Welcome! Make yourself at home.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Welcome and about the prettiest at the Inn, I don't like to brag. :P
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

Welcome to the group! Looking forward to your posts (and your obvious good taste in poetry :) ) and yes, Peter is the beauty of the group. We're just lucky that way ;P

Ken
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

Welcome Brother!
Make yourself at home and dive right in! :mrgreen:
(As far as the prettiest girl, I always start with her friend to the left!)
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Rifter
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Rifter »

Well Met,
'Just because I don't like to fight...doesn't mean I can't'
Hanasian
Wanderer

Post by Hanasian »

Hey, been a while. Been out in the wild of this land, and only recently found my way back to Bree and this fine establishment. I have to say that there is a time and a place for orc-draught, and Shagrat and Gorbag do make a mean black stout, but I don't recommend it as a steady diet. Still, when in dark places, one must adapt. Yes, it is so refreshing to have some Bree proper. Howsitgoin' everyone? :)
Hanasían
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Hanasian wrote:Hey, been a while. Been out in the wild of this land, and only recently found my way back to Bree and this fine establishment. I have to say that there is a time and a place for orc-draught, and Shagrat and Gorbag do make a mean black stout, but I don't recommend it as a steady diet. Still, when in dark places, one must adapt. Yes, it is so refreshing to have some Bree proper. Howsitgoin' everyone? :)

There are some new folk here and we had a Photo Contest recently. Some new craft projects and a goodly amount of camp/survival videos.

Welcome back !
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

Welcome back, Ranger! Eager to hear your tales of distant lands beyond the Mountains!

Ken
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Kortoso
Haeropada

Post by Kortoso »

Welcome Hanasian, come within and warm your knees by our fire.

Tell me, where in the RL are you hailing from? :P
There are no safe paths in this part of the world. Remember you are over the Edge of the Wild now, and in for all sorts of fun wherever you go.
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

Welcome back!

(Are you a brewer yourself by any chance? You certainly seem to know the lingo. :) )
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Hanasian
Wanderer

Post by Hanasian »

Mae govannen! First, my apologies for seemingly only getting here every six months or so. I hope to be a bit more regular.

Now, to the questions.... Kortoso, I live in Brisbane Australia. It seems Lord of the Rings and Middle Earth are seen as "a Kiwi thing" here (damn you PJ!), but there is a strong Medieval re-enactment community. The New Varangian Guard has a few chapters around, and there is a great Medieval/Renaissance Festival here locally (Abbeyfest). My wife and I have been getting into costuming for that the last couple years.

Elleth, I have homebrewed some about 20 years ago, but since moving a long distance, I have not re-entered the realm. When I got to Brisbane, it was a good brew desert, but has come into its own the last few years. These days, I tend to drink the ale more than brewing it. One of my RP writing characters is an eccentric Hobbit who lives near Oatbarton and grows grains and makes the legendary Green Dragon Ale!

I'll have a good look-see around the site!
Hanasían
Valjuen
Wayfarer

Post by Valjuen »

Hanasian wrote:I live in Brisbane Australia.
Hello! I'm from the Central Coast in NSW. Nice to meet you.
As dead flies cause the perfumer’s oil to stink and bubble, so a little foolishness outweighs wisdom and glory. - Ecc 10:1
Hanasian
Wanderer

Post by Hanasian »

Hail Valjuen! Well met! Spent a bit of time in NSW... Tamworth mainly before taking up residence in Brizvegas.
Hanasían