Ai na vedui, Dunadan! Mae govannen!

Belly up to the Bar and tell us about yourself.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Bael the Bard
Location: Ranging in the high fells and misty crags of the Adirondacks

Ai na vedui, Dunadan! Mae govannen!

Post by Bael the Bard »

Hail fellow Rangers!

For a long while now, I've been keeping my eye on this budding little community. The rustic and balanced lifestyle of the Dunedain have always evoked powerful emotions for me. Thankfully, growing up in a very rural part of the North East has allowed me to train ranger-like aspects all my life. I'm happy to say that I'm an avid woodsmen, runner and herbal enthusiast. Interestingly, I'm fairly sure that I am among the youngest of members here (Possibly the youngest). Being as young as I am I'm still working hard on my studies. As a Classics/Anthro major at UVM, I hope to acquire a similar education to that of Tolkien. His linguistic attention to detail along with his incorporation of classical myths have always interested me. There is not much else that I can think of here...I'm sure that I shall think up more things to say about myself...I'm very open to any questions!

Sincerely,
Bael
“Let this be the hour when we draw swords together. Fell deeds awake. Now for wrath, now for ruin, and the red dawn. Forth, Eorlingas!” ~ King Theoden, Breaker of Horses.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Re: Ai na vedui, Dunadan! Mae govannen!

Post by Peter Remling »

Welcome to the Forum.

As to being the youngest, we've had members as young as 14. Most of the younger ones are now in their late teens and several are still active.

I'm also in NY although much closer to New York City. Thankfully not in the city. Not an Urbanite.
Harper
Haeropada

Post by Harper »

Welcome, Ranger!

It sounds like you will fit right in. Another Bard, too.

(As an aside, if you are piling up loans to go to school, make sure that you also major in something that will lead to a job which will help you pay them off. Maybe a dual degree. Pursue your dreams of course--but do it skillfully. If money is not an issue, enjoy!)
Bael the Bard

Post by Bael the Bard »

Hey Peter,
Glad to hear that other young ones have come and gone! How far down the Hudson do you hail from? I believe those waters begin close to me, around the slopes of Cloudsplitter(Mount Marcy).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hail Harper,
I've always had an appreciation for lutes and lyres. Interestingly one of my professors is the foremost musical scholar on classical lyres! I've had the honor of learning a few things from him. Many thanks for the advice for my Major, I've always seen myself as an archaeologist so Classics is a good fit for me.
“Let this be the hour when we draw swords together. Fell deeds awake. Now for wrath, now for ruin, and the red dawn. Forth, Eorlingas!” ~ King Theoden, Breaker of Horses.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

I'm about 40 miles north of the city.
Bael the Bard

Post by Bael the Bard »

Ah very nice. It's good that you're far enough away from the urban sprawl.
Rifter
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Rifter »

Greetings indeed, well met
'Just because I don't like to fight...doesn't mean I can't'
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

Hail and Well Met, Bael the Bard! Looking forward to your posts, stories, tales and songs!

Ken
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"