Introduction

Belly up to the Bar and tell us about yourself.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Manveruon
Thangailhir

Re: Introduction

Post by Manveruon »

Welcome! It's nice to see so many European rangers lately! I'm always glad to see our strange little hobby has worldwide appeal!

What gorgeous landscapes! It reminds me of reading the Aubrey/Maturin series of books by Patrick O'Brian. One of the two main protagonists, Stephen Maturin, is half Irish and half Catalan. There is a section of one of the books in which he visits his family land in Catalonia, and this is EXACTLY what I imagined while reading the way he described the landscape. Beautiful country!
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Mithdir
Wanderer

Post by Mithdir »

Melthrist wrote:
Mithdir wrote:
I really like the whole length of Costa Brava, all pebble beaches and pine-clad cliffs... But I think the place I have explored that felt the most like Middle-earth is the national park of Aigüestortes. I went there for the last time two years ago. Here are a couple of pictures I took then:

ImageDSC03128 by guillemclapes99, on Flickr

ImageDSC03133 by guillemclapes99, on Flickr

ImageDSC03155 by gui
llemclapes99
, on Flickr
That's... amazing.
Yes, it’s a majestic place. There is a high mountain route called Carros de Foc (meaning Chariots of Fire) that connects the nine mountain refuges located in the park in a circular itinerary. I did some of it a few years ago with my school and it was amazing, some day I plan on doing the whole route.
If you ever happen to be close to the national park, here is the official website https://www.carrosdefoc.com/en/.
Last edited by Mithdir on Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Short cuts make long delays"
Mithdir
Wanderer

Post by Mithdir »

Manveruon wrote:Welcome! It's nice to see so many European rangers lately! I'm always glad to see our strange little hobby has worldwide appeal!

What gorgeous landscapes! It reminds me of reading the Aubrey/Maturin series of books by Patrick O'Brian. One of the two main protagonists, Stephen Maturin, is half Irish and half Catalan. There is a section of one of the books in which he visits his family land in Catalonia, and this is EXACTLY what I imagined while reading the way he described the landscape. Beautiful country!
Thank you! I will make sure to check out the books :)
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

They're nautical adventure novels set during the Napoleonic Wars. I absolutely love them, but they are FULL of dense, barely intelligible naval jargon, so be forewarned, heh.
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Will Whitfoot
Dúnadan

Post by Will Whitfoot »

Beautiful! It looks like a place that sheep would like to graze in summer. A bota of nice red, a sharp cheese, a baguette, and a stick of hard salami and I'm there!
Mithdir
Wanderer

Post by Mithdir »

Will Whitfoot wrote:Beautiful! It looks like a place that sheep would like to graze in summer. A bota of nice red, a sharp cheese, a baguette, and a stick of hard salami and I'm there!
I don’t think there are many sheep in the national park itself, but there are plenty of mountain goats and deer :P
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

Welcome, Ranger!

Ken
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"