Introduction

Belly up to the Bar and tell us about yourself.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Mithdir
Wanderer

Introduction

Post by Mithdir »

Elen síla lúmenn' omentielvo.

I am Mithdir, eighteen years old, living in Catalonia. I fell in love with Tolkien's works ten years ago when my mother lent me her copy of The Hobbit, and my interest for them has only been growing since. I also love Peter Jackson's trilogy, and a couple of years ago I started getting interested in the clothing and gear worn and used by the characters in it. Looking for online resources and inspiration for my kit I came upon this forum, and seeing that you share my passion and attention to detail I decided to register.

Thank you for accepting me in your ranks, and may the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks.
Last edited by Mithdir on Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Short cuts make long delays"
Harper
Haeropada

Re: Introduction

Post by Harper »

Welcome Ranger!
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Welcome :mrgreen:
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Welcome! What part of CA? I was born and raised in LA county, and lived and worked in and around Napa, Solano, Placer, and San Diego counties for a number of years before I moved out east. We have one forum member up near Chico, Druin, and another, Kortoso, in the Bay Area. I'd say you're in good company!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Mithdir
Wanderer

Post by Mithdir »

Greg wrote:Welcome! What part of CA? I was born and raised in LA county, and lived and worked in and around Napa, Solano, Placer, and San Diego counties for a number of years before I moved out east. We have one forum member up near Chico, Druin, and another, Kortoso, in the Bay Area. I'd say you're in good company!
Oh it’s not California, but Catalonia, in southern Europe. I myself live near Barcelona.
I do know Kortoso though, and have been following his YouTube channel for some time now.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

WOW I misread that horribly. Time to go to bed.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

Welcome Guillem!

You must have some interesting places to explore in Catalonia - anywhere you particularly like, out of curiosity?
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Kortoso
Haeropada

Post by Kortoso »

Guillem Clapés wrote:
Greg wrote:Welcome! What part of CA? I was born and raised in LA county, and lived and worked in and around Napa, Solano, Placer, and San Diego counties for a number of years before I moved out east. We have one forum member up near Chico, Druin, and another, Kortoso, in the Bay Area. I'd say you're in good company!
Oh it’s not California, but Catalonia, in southern Europe. I myself live near Barcelona.
I do know Kortoso though, and have been following his YouTube channel for some time now.
Benvinguda Guillem!
There are no safe paths in this part of the world. Remember you are over the Edge of the Wild now, and in for all sorts of fun wherever you go.
Mithdir
Wanderer

Post by Mithdir »

Kortoso wrote:
Mithdir wrote:
Benvinguda Guillem!
Gràcies, mellon nîn!
Last edited by Mithdir on Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
Mithdir
Wanderer

Post by Mithdir »

Elleth wrote:Welcome Guillem!

You must have some interesting places to explore in Catalonia - anywhere you particularly like, out of curiosity?
I really like the whole length of Costa Brava, all pebble beaches and pine-clad cliffs... But I think the place I have explored that felt the most like Middle-earth is the national park of Aigüestortes. I went there for the last time two years ago. Here are a couple of pictures I took then:

Last edited by Mithdir on Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

WOW!!! That looks AMAZING :mrgreen:
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

Oh..... that's lovely.

Also, you'd love the Sierras. :)
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Mithdir
Wanderer

Post by Mithdir »

Indeed, it’s inevitable to feel like a ranger while roaming those paths burdened by a heavy pack and with the wind in your face...
Mithdir
Wanderer

Post by Mithdir »

Elleth wrote:Oh..... that's lovely.

Also, you'd love the Sierras. :)
I hope some day I may visit them!
Melthrist
Dúnadan

Post by Melthrist »

Guillem Clapés wrote:
I really like the whole length of Costa Brava, all pebble beaches and pine-clad cliffs... But I think the place I have explored that felt the most like Middle-earth is the national park of Aigüestortes. I went there for the last time two years ago. Here are a couple of pictures I took then:

ImageDSC03128 by guillemclapes99, on Flickr

ImageDSC03133 by guillemclapes99, on Flickr

ImageDSC03155 by guillemclapes99, on Flickr
That's... amazing.
A Elbereth Gilthoniel
silivren penna míriel
o menel aglar elenath!
Na-chaered palan-díriel
o galadhremmin ennorath,
Fanuilos, le linnathon
nef aear, sí nef aearon!