Hail Rangers!

Belly up to the Bar and tell us about yourself.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Ruinar Hrafnakveðja
Dúnadan

Hail Rangers!

Post by Ruinar Hrafnakveðja »

Hail and Mae Govannen fellow Rangers!

My name is Rory, here under my persona Ruinar Hrafnakveðja. Ruinar is the Sindarin translation of my name and Hrafnakveðja is Old Norse for Raven Caller, though I go by many names. I'm a young Ranger hailing from Toronto, Canada. I'm a member of a Medieval/Tolkien reenacting group here called Rangers of the North. I am an avid outdoorsman, archer, and Tolkien enthusiast. I look forward to getting to know you all, learning, and sharing in many great adventures!

I also have a short backstory write up as an intro to a larger work of fiction for my Ranger persona if anyone here would be interested!

May your road be easy, may your torches burn bright, and may your gaze be ever watchful!

- Ruinar
I wish only for green trees, cool wine, a strong bow, and a swift arrow
Iodo
Thangailhir

Re: Hail Rangers!

Post by Iodo »

Welcome to the forum Ranger!
Ruinar Hrafnakveðja wrote:Hail and Mae Govannen fellow Rangers!
I also have a short backstory write up as an intro to a larger work of fiction for my Ranger persona if anyone here would be interested!
I probably speak for most here when I say "I'm interested, post it" :mrgreen:
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Taylor Steiner
Haeropada

Post by Taylor Steiner »

Welcome Ranger!
Frodo lives!
Harper
Haeropada

Post by Harper »

Welcome, Ranger!
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

Welcome!

Word of your fine organization precedes you - it's wonderful to make your acquaintance!

... And I second the call for a tale! :mrgreen:
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Ruinar Hrafnakveðja
Dúnadan

Post by Ruinar Hrafnakveðja »

Elleth wrote:Welcome!

Word of your fine organization precedes you - it's wonderful to make your acquaintance!

... And I second the call for a tale! :mrgreen:
Thank you for the warm welcome everyone!

And thank you Elleth, I am honored that you have heard tales of our company's exploits. Our group is primarily made up of Arnorians, though we have one dwarf, and I myself am a proud son of Mirkwood. I believe we will be heading down into the Adirondacks in August as part of our yearly Trek in full kit. I am busy adding new pieces to my kit in preparation. When Trek rolls around I'll have to do a post here about it with lots and lots of pictures.
I wish only for green trees, cool wine, a strong bow, and a swift arrow
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Ruinar Hrafnakveðja wrote:Thank you for the warm welcome everyone!

And thank you Elleth, I am honored that you have heard tales of our company's exploits. Our group is primarily made up of Arnorians, though we have one dwarf, and I myself am a proud son of Mirkwood. I believe we will be heading down into the Adirondacks in August as part of our yearly Trek in full kit. I am busy adding new pieces to my kit in preparation. When Trek rolls around I'll have to do a post here about it with lots and lots of pictures.
Lots and lots of pictures sounds good to me :mrgreen:
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Hanasian
Wanderer

Post by Hanasian »

Ruinar Hrafnakveðja wrote:Hail and Mae Govannen fellow Rangers!

My name is Rory, here under my persona Ruinar Hrafnakveðja. Ruinar is the Sindarin translation of my name and Hrafnakveðja is Old Norse for Raven Caller, though I go by many names. I'm a young Ranger hailing from Toronto, Canada. I'm a member of a Medieval/Tolkien reenacting group here called Rangers of the North. I am an avid outdoorsman, archer, and Tolkien enthusiast. I look forward to getting to know you all, learning, and sharing in many great adventures!

May your road be easy, may your torches burn bright, and may your gaze be ever watchful!

- Ruinar
Hail Ruinar! Have I been in the wilds so long that I missed the story?
Hanasían
Annalist, Physician, & Historian
of The Black Company of the Dúnedain,
The Free Company of Arnor