!5th Birthday

Belly up to the Bar and tell us about yourself.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Alvin
Wanderer

Re: !5th Birthday

Post by Alvin »

Happy Birthday !!!! Congratulations on the great gifts.
E.MacKermak
Amrod Rhandir

Post by E.MacKermak »

Happy Birthday!! And wishes for many more.

Glad to hear you had a good time. Everyone should enjoy their birthday celebrations.
Still round the corner there may wait a new road or a secret gate and though I oft have passed them by a day will come at last when I shall take the hidden paths that run west of the moon, east of the sun.
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

I am glad you had a good time! You must have very cool parents 8) and you are so lucky! I didn't go to my first faire until I was 20, and that was in Germany. Can't wait to see your pics!
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Elevorn
Wanderer

Post by Elevorn »

Hmm.. I don't feel to much older but I did have an awesome time. I got the pics uploaded to flickr. Link:http://www.flickr.com/photos/52174826@N ... 778920833/ Some of the pictures may look like Im having a horrible time but dont worry I wasn't 8) I was just trying to stay in character.
Elevorn
Wanderer

Post by Elevorn »

I'm kinda bummed now. I was just out shooting my bow when one of my new arrows broke! :cry: It really sucks since my bowstring is becoming unravled as well! (My bow is a Martin X-150 with one of those weird strings) SO Im going to have to go to my archery shop and get a new string! Oh well I still got another 11 arrows left and my old bow to shoot.
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

Your pics look great! I am glad you had a good time. What boots are you wearing?
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Elevorn wrote:Hmm.. I don't feel to much older but I did have an awesome time. I got the pics uploaded to flickr. Link:http://www.flickr.com/photos/52174826@N ... 778920833/ Some of the pictures may look like Im having a horrible time but dont worry I wasn't 8) I was just trying to stay in character.
Nice pics! Where'd you get your quiver? It's nice and compact...much to my liking. Looks like y'all had a great time! Well-assembled kit, too! We've got some great new members coming in these past few months!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

NIce kit and pics, glad you had a good time!
Elevorn
Wanderer

Post by Elevorn »

Thanks everyone! The boots are the medieval high boot w/o fringe from Dark Knight Armory (they are the most nicest people) but they are covered in the dust that was flying everywhere. The quiver I originally bought with my old bow (The one on the quiver) It was like 20 bucks at my local Bass Pro Shop. I looked up on Amazon for some new quivers when I actually found mine! http://www.amazon.com/Neet-Archery-Trad ... 778&sr=1-6 I must admit it is very big on me but It is an excellent quiver. It can hold my now 11 cedar arrows perfectly and with the arrow sleeve It made no noise and my arrows never fell out when I had to tighten my boots.
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

Ah, ok. I got some boots from them as well, and they are nice folks 8) you did great on kit, when I was your age the most kit I had was a fiberglass bow and a cloak my grandma made for me based on a pic in Dragon magazine LOL I have a cool grandma 8)
kaelln

Post by kaelln »

Elevorn, great photos! You've done a super job of assembling a kit!

Mirimaran, you had Dragon magazine when you were 15? I feel so old! When I was 15, the first publication of D&D was still four years away, and the first issue of Dragon was still 6 years away, and I never even heard of D&D for well over another decade! The closest thing I had to a kit was a red towel I used to play Superman, Mighty Mouse and Thor in the early sixties!

(Actually, I had a hunting knife and a recurve bow and a horse, and I roamed the woods constantly. I was a Ranger before I knew what a Ranger was!) :wink:
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

Yep Kaelin, back in those halcyon days of the early 80's 8) I think I was the only kid in town that had Dragon magazine, let alone a D&D set. Still, I managed to get some kids together to play now and again. Of course, in the spring and summer I'd roam all over, playing in the woods and exploring the areas about town, stuff that nowadays would give me grey hairs if one of my nieces or nephews would do the same thing. Strange how times have changed. The only dangers I ever faced in my adventures were being chased by bulls.
Elevorn
Wanderer

Post by Elevorn »

The bow I have in there is a fiberglass one but my normal bow is a recurve. My mom was the one who made my cloak, she said that she would make me a new one for next year hopefull made out of grey wool. The green one is just regular store bought cotton right now
Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Post by Eledhwen »

You guys make me feel old sometimes. ;) Hehehehee

Nice pics Elevorn! Good kit. :)

Eledhwen
Nandalad!
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Eledhwen wrote:You guys make me feel old sometimes. ;) Hehehehee

Eledhwen
We always hurt the ones we love, :lol:
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.