Leather Sporran (Medium sized pouch)

For the buying & selling of Ranger Related items.

Moderator: caedmon

BrianGrubbs
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Leather Sporran (Medium sized pouch)

Post by BrianGrubbs »

This pouch style is one of my favorites that I use a ton. I've made them for sale before, but never thought to post them up here.

Here's one that I have currently for sale. The flap, belt loop and front piece are 4oz vegetable tan leather. The body of the pouch is soft upholstery tan leather.

The closure on the front is a deer antler crown. The overal pouch size is such that a 1.75 oz cook pot (think the one from the boy scout mess kit) fits nicely inside with a little room to spare.

Asking price is $55 plus shipping. If more than one person in interested, I do make these pretty frequently so I can fill whatever orders that are needed. I also make them with the body of the pouch being deer tan cow hide if that makes it more interesting. Thanks for looking!

Brian
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Re: Leather Sporran (Medium sized pouch)

Post by Manveruon »

Looking good! I've got to try my hand at a pouch of this style sometime. I really like the look of them.

Incidentally, have you ever considered opening a little Etsy shop for your stuff? I've had great luck with it myself. I find it's a really good way to get your stuff out there and make a little extra cash to support the habit, haha.
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
BrianGrubbs
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by BrianGrubbs »

I have thought about that...I do have an Etsy account, I just haven't set it up to sell yet. Maybe I'll do that, do need to support the habit!

Brian
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

Very Nice sprran Brian! I like that, it would be good to see something standard by it to get the size you indicate, but the mess kit is a good descriptive element too. I am in the same situation with the Etsy shop, I bought a book to help me get started but have not gotten to much time in it. apparently the Etsy for Dummies is too advanced I need the intro book Etsy for Morons to get anywhere!

If you get a little time, I sure could use a down and dirty, here is what you do, kind of advice thread. I usually pick it up once I am in.

:mrgreen:
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Haha, yeah, it's actually not difficult at all once you get the hang of it. I just figured it out by messing around with it a bunch.

I think all the Rangers need Etsy shops! We could impose our Tolkienish worldview on all the crafty shoppers of the world!
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains