Strider's Elven Knife - Make Me an Offer

For the buying & selling of Ranger Related items.

Moderator: caedmon

Manveruon
Thangailhir

Strider's Elven Knife - Make Me an Offer

Post by Manveruon »

Hello again ranger-folk!

My lady and I have been cleaning out our craft room/office today, and I unearthed this particular item, which I thought might be of interest to some of the members of this forum. It is an unlicensed replica of Strider's Elven hunting knife from the Lord of the Rings films. I bought it quite a few years ago now, when I was trying to put together a Strider costume for various conventions, but I was never completely satisfied with it, and in the end I never did really finish that costume.

Admittedly, it is not in pristine condition, as it's been kind of tossed around during two moves, and various other minor adventures, but it might still make a nice costume prop or wall hanging. It is definitely NOT battle-ready, as it is made of pretty basic stainless steel, and not designed for anything but display. The knife comes with a suede-wrapped scabbard (the suede does appear to be genuine leather), and a wall plaque that is rather attractive, in my opinion.

I'll go ahead and detail the imperfections with it now. Firstly, in comparison to the actual film prop, it is a bit on the large side, I believe. The elvish script is only on one side of the blade (the side facing out when displayed), while the other side is blank except for a small mark saying "Pakistan." In my youthful ignorance I tried to scratch this off, but unfortunately all I succeeded in doing was scratching the blade slightly. Finally, the glue holding the pommel on does show a bit around the edges. Despite these facts, I still think it is a pretty handsome blade, and would make a good addition to a Lord of the Rings display, or a nice non-functional costume accessory.

I am willing to take offers on it via private message, if you would like. I'll probably be looking to hand it off to the highest bidder, so I apologize in advance if I do not take your offer. If I don't get any response here I'll probably throw it up on eBay, but I wanted to share it with the Rangers here first.

Here are some pictures of the piece, showing all the features I have mentioned:

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e173/ ... 1358399734

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e173/ ... 1358399735

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e173/ ... 1358399715

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e173/ ... 1358399718

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e173/ ... 1358399875
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Re: Strider's Elven Knife - Make Me an Offer

Post by Manveruon »

Hey folks! Haven't heard anything back yet, so the offer still stands. Seriously, I just need to get this thing off my hands to make some extra room in my tiny apartment, so I'm willing to entertain just about any sum. Let me know!
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Arathen123
Wayfarer

Post by Arathen123 »

hey is this offer still open ? :)
I made a promise, Mr Frodo. A promise. "Don't you leave him Samwise Gamgee." And I don't mean to. I don't mean to.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Yep! If you're interested, it is still up for grabs.

I should also mention here for everyone's sake that I prefer not to ship outside of the Continental US, if possible.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

The knife is still up for grabs if anyone out there is interested. Please PM me with offers!
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Hey all! I just wanted to bump this and say I've still got the knife. If there are any folks out there who are looking for a decent starter-prop for their costume, or who just might like it as a wall-hanger, this would be a great choice! At this point I'll pretty much consider any offer - just let me know if you're interested! I've got to get it out of my office, and I'd rather it go to someone I know will appreciate it than to a thrift store or such.
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

offer made on other site, see what you think.
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Hey Ringulf - where was that?
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

The other ranger site on facebook
:mrgreen:
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Huh... didn't seem to show up...