Leather Quivers

For the buying & selling of Ranger Related items.

Moderator: caedmon

bjaurelio
Dúnadan

Leather Quivers

Post by bjaurelio »

Awhile back I posted about a leather back quiver that I made. The design was my own and inspired by the quivers used by Aragorn and Legolas in the movies. It turned out to be a fairly decent mix of the two designs.

After making a quiver for my wife and another one that I sold, I decided that I could make a few improvements. Since I shoot full length wooden arrows, I made the new quiver 2 inches longer to better accommodate my long arrows. The other major change was with the strap length and placement on the quiver to match the other two I made. The first one had the straps a little high where they were attached to the bottom of the quiver.

Style wise, I now have an edge beveler, so all the straps look a little cleaner. I also decided that stitching up the back was far more work than what it was worth, so now I do lacing just on the back since that first quiver. With the holes closer together, I like the look better than what a lot of quivers have with large spaces between the leather lace. Straps are all still hand stitched still with no rivets (I find that rivets tend to ruin the old world look for me).

Before I get to the pictures, I want to comment that I plan to sell the old quiver and make 2 more to sell with the remaining leather. That's the reason for posting in the for sale section. Price is $200, including shipping to continental US. Shipping farther can be done, but I will have to calculate shipping costs. Even though my first quiver looks a little more "rough" without the edge bevel on straps and is not as refined in the fit, I feel that all the extra work of hand stitching the back instead of lacing justifies the same price.

Without further ado, here are pictures of my quivers. The one on the left is for sale, and new quiver orders will look more like the one on the right. You can specify regular or long length.
Attachments
0827152227.jpg
0827152227.jpg (243.93 KiB) Viewed 9597 times
0827152228b.jpg
0827152228b.jpg (245.12 KiB) Viewed 9597 times
bjaurelio
Dúnadan

Re: Leather Quivers

Post by bjaurelio »

Here's a closeup of the backs.
Attachments
0827152228a.jpg