Two small knives for sale

For the buying & selling of Ranger Related items.

Moderator: caedmon

Eric C
Vendor

Two small knives for sale

Post by Eric C »

Okay, here's hoping some of you have a little Christmas cash that is demanding that you buy something for your kit. :P

These are the last two knives from 2016.

Both blades are made from 1/8" X 1" 1095 steel They were tempered at 400 degrees for an hour.

First up is a single edged EDC type knife:

Specs:

OAL: 7 3/8"
Blade length: 3 5/8"
Weight: 4oz
Full tang construction with tung oiled and waxed walnut handle slabs and brass pins.

Then there is its double edged sister:

OAL: 7 3/8"
Blade length: 3 1/2"
Weight 4oz
Full tang with waxed cocobolo handle slabs and brass pins.

These are prototype blades that I'm using for practice and to get some less expensive blades out there. The maker's mark is etched into the blade. Until I get a cleaner way to etch it, these will be the only ones I etch this way. There are some grinder marks that are not the prettiest. But there are some things about these blades that I love.

They are for sale for $65 plus shipping. I can make a simple sheath for either of them for $25 more but that would also push shipment back a bit. If you are interested, please PM me.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Eric C
Vendor

Re: Two small knives for sale

Post by Eric C »

The dagger is sold pending payment.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Elwindil
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Elwindil »

if that single edge is still available I'm definitely interested.
Straelbora
Haeropada

Post by Straelbora »

Beauties!
Vápnum sínum skala maðr velli á
feti ganga framar því at óvist er at vita
nær verðr á vegum úti geirs um þörf guma
Hávamál
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Okay, the single edged blade is on hold. The sale on the dagger fell through. As soon as I find my stain, it will have a sheath to go with it. I'll let it go for $70 plus shipping with the sheath.
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Both of these are sold pending payment. I will be making more in the near future if anyone is interested.
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Sold!
Elwindil
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Elwindil »

they came in today, and I am quite impressed with the overall fit and finish of them. the single edge I'll be keeping for myself and working on making a sheath for it from some wood I've got laying about. the other one is a slightly late (not because of shipping, but due to finances) birthday present for my youngest brother. I'm sure that he'll love it as much as I do.
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

I'm glad you like them. I will have more in the coming weeks. These are small, simple blades that are not all that hard to make. I do have a longer leaf dagger in the works though.

The thought behind these is that they are practice blades. I may be practicing my grinding techniques or a handle construction or tempering method or what have you. I will keep the price on these kind of low. Though they are test blades, I will insure their quality before I put them up for sale.