Ranger's vambraces

For the buying & selling of Ranger Related items.

Moderator: caedmon

Udwin
Vendor

Ranger's vambraces

Post by Udwin »

Up for grabs are a pair of leather vambraces, based on those worn by Boromir in the Jackson films, which I made many years ago and recently rediscovered at the bottom of a trunk of gear. As I do not portray a Dunedain persona, I thought I would offer them up to the MERF first.

They are 'U-Finish'!--just add your choice of 1" buckles (or smaller, if you want to cut down the straps), four short saddle stitches and they're ready to go. These would make a very good, easy project for a newcomer looking for some solid gear.

Condition is...very good, with honest patina. I wore these in my younger days out on many ranger-y adventures, so they have seen some service (they're already broken-in!); the stitching has been payed with tallow/beeswax, which just adds to their character. If you liked Jackson's lived-in aesthetic, you'll love these.

The body and straps are alum-tanned deerskin*, and the outer layer is a wonderful tobacco-colored sturdy full-grain** cow, stitched together with waxed linen.
Length: twelve inches; will accomodate forearms of various sizes.

*Hence I would not recommend iron buckles, but plated or brass works and looks great!
**This is not appropriate leather for tooling (hence no white trees on these), but look very fine unadorned. Additionally, they CAN be 'bright-burnished' like Imrahil's vambrace--breath can mist and be seen on the surface!

Asking $60 for the pair, although I'm more than willing to drop the price a bit in exchange for some barter, if you have something I'm interested in.

Personae: Aistan son of Ansteig, common Beorning of Wilderland; Tungo Brandybuck, Eastfarthing Bounder, 3018 TA; a native Man of the Greyflood, c.850 SA
Melthrist
Dúnadan

Re: Ranger's vambraces

Post by Melthrist »

Wish these could be mine, but they're out of my price range at the moment. :cry:
A Elbereth Gilthoniel
silivren penna míriel
o menel aglar elenath!
Na-chaered palan-díriel
o galadhremmin ennorath,
Fanuilos, le linnathon
nef aear, sí nef aearon!
Taylor Steiner
Haeropada

Re: Ranger's vambraces

Post by Taylor Steiner »

Hello Udwin,
I'm really interested in these vambraces, are they still up for sale?
Frodo lives!