knives and other things

For the buying & selling of Ranger Related items.

Moderator: caedmon

Eric C
Vendor

knives and other things

Post by Eric C »

Hi folks,
We've opened an etsy shop where we post our items now. Here's a link to it: https://www.etsy.com/shop/IchtheanForge ... form-mcnav I encourage you to check out the site, but if you see something there that you like, reply here. I'm willing to cut the prices for my brothers and sisters here on the forum. I had to raise prices there so people wouldn't look at my stuff as cheaply made.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Re: knives and other things

Post by Greg »

Some really cool work there, Eric.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Fantastic! I have gone ahead and added it to my favorites! Thanks for sharing!
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

Very cool! Thank you for posting those. :)
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Elwindil
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Elwindil »

I'm just amazed that people can look at something as awesome as Eric's work is and not see the quality and craftsmanship that goes into it, at least those folks that seem to think lower prices means cheaply made any how. that's something that never made much sense to me.
Taurinor
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Taurinor »

Eric C wrote:I had to raise prices there so people wouldn't look at my stuff as cheaply made.
Elwindil wrote:I'm just amazed that people can look at something as awesome as Eric's work is and not see the quality and craftsmanship that goes into it, at least those folks that seem to think lower prices means cheaply made any how. that's something that never made much sense to me.
Pricing things on Etsy is a strange sort of dance. Most things are way overpriced, so if you're a decent sort of person you don't want to ask as much as the average seller, but like Eric said, you don't want folks to think your stuff is cheap. I think a big part of it is that folks who shop on Etsy, for the most part, don't necessarily know a lot about what they are looking at or how to make it for themselves. There are exceptions t that sort of customer, of course (like the folks on this forum), but I sort of think of Etsy as a giant online arts and crafts fair, with the prices to match.
- Ned Houndswood, Breelander
Richmond Fantasy-Inspired Hiking and Camping (on WordPress and Facebook)
Elwindil
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Elwindil »

well that makes sense then. there are a few things that I've seen that are worth the asking price, Eric's work being among those things. I love the knife that I kept, and my brother loves his even though he can't have it at work due to their policy on no knives.
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I needed them about now as I tweaked an injured nerve in my shoulder yesterday in the forge. This is getting old. Anyway, I'm willing to let the file knives go for $75.00 shipped CONUS. If there is anything else you would like to know the prices of, just let me know.

We are having a closeout on the individual fire steels. Not the kits, but the individual steels. $15 shipped CONUS for the C-shaped steels and $17 shipped CONUS for the Viking style.

Also, As soon as I can get a Sole Proprietorship and a PO Box so my physical address isn't out there for everyone to see, I'm opening an ebay store. There really are quite a few hand made knives on ebay.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.