Valiant Armoury Bristol

For the buying & selling of Ranger Related items.

Moderator: caedmon

Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Valiant Armoury Bristol

Post by Greg »

I've decided that my Bristol would be of better use in another's hands, so I'm offering it for sale here first. It doesn't go out anymore, and it seems a shame to let it sit in the closet when someone here could make great use of it in the wilds.

For starters, you can find specs here.

This is a Valiant Signature Line sword. It was sold during the first run of these that were made in ~2008-ish. It comes with a leather wrapped wood-core scabbard and is in the original Oxblood color. It does NOT include any sort of suspension system, but it'd give you a chance to make your own. The early pieces were hand-forged overseas, and this one snuck through with a defect. The blade is slightly warped. It's subtle enough that it can't be seen without looking at it end-to-end, and doesn't affect its handling or cutting at all...but it's there. The handle is slightly loose, but could easily be shimmed with some bits of wood or leather, as it has a threaded tang like most Atrim pieces.

In addition, years ago it spent a rainy night in my truck, which had a leak I didn't know about. Water dripped into the scabbard, and it acquired some rust on the blade. This pitted the blade on both sides, and though it's been cleaned thoroughly, it would need to be re-ground by a professional like Odigan or a hobbyist with more skill than I to completely remove it. Again, no performance issues...I actually think it's kinda cool looking, but it most definitely could be given a new lease on life with a trip to Odigan or someone of similar skillsets.

These retail for $550, and due to its age and condition I'm asking $175+Shipping or best offer.

Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Re: Valiant Armoury Bristol

Post by Elleth »

Oh dang... just as a piece of MERF history, I'm extremely interested!

That said, I have enough pointies around, and it'd be more fitting if someone just getting started has a crack at it.

If you don't have a sale in a week though, consider it sold. :)
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Greg

Post by Greg »

For any interested, I should've mentioned: I finally fixed my stupid PayPal account, so that should be easy at least!
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Somebody pick this up. Like Elleth, I have more than enough swords.

For those not familiar with the Bristol here's a review from Sword Buyers Guide:

https://sbg-sword-forum.forums.net/thread/18731
Taurinor
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Taurinor »

Elleth wrote:That said, I have enough pointies around, and it'd be more fitting if someone just getting started has a crack at it.
Elleth makes an excellent point, which is pretty much the only thing stopping me. That, and I typically don’t carry a sword out and about (longknives and axes seem to draw less attention), and this sword deserves some more woods-time!
- Ned Houndswood, Breelander
Richmond Fantasy-Inspired Hiking and Camping (on WordPress and Facebook)
Eofor
Haeropada

Post by Eofor »

I've been after one for a while but the price along with our exchange rate has always stopped me.
I'd be keen Greg.

Would you be willing/able to ship it to Australia?
But the white fury of the Northmen burned the hotter, and more skilled was their knighthood with long spears and bitter. Fewer were they but they clove through the Southrons like a fire-bolt in a forest.
theowl
Vendor

Post by theowl »

If Eofor doesn't take it I will.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Eofor wrote:I've been after one for a while but the price along with our exchange rate has always stopped me.
I'd be keen Greg.

Would you be willing/able to ship it to Australia?
Can you PM me an address? I'll take it in to the post office and see what they say it'd cost/what the process would be like, and get back to you on what it would entail. I typically don't ship internationally, but you called it first and you guys are so like minded in purpose that it'd be a crime to not try!

If it's over-my-head complicated, Owl has dibs.
Eofor
Haeropada

Post by Eofor »

Greg wrote: Can you PM me an address? I'll take it in to the post office and see what they say it'd cost/what the process would be like, and get back to you on what it would entail. I typically don't ship internationally, but you called it first and you guys are so like minded in purpose that it'd be a crime to not try!

If it's over-my-head complicated, Owl has dibs.
It shouldn't be too complicated but the issue may be whether or not the mail services are running between our two countries in the current situation.

If you don't mind having a look to see how you get along with my address I'd really appreciate it but if it all gets a bit hard I can probably have it sent through to a friend in Boston to hold for me until this all blows over, I'll message him to check if that's a viable backup.
But the white fury of the Northmen burned the hotter, and more skilled was their knighthood with long spears and bitter. Fewer were they but they clove through the Southrons like a fire-bolt in a forest.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Aw man, I wish I had logged in here and seen this sooner because I KNOW someone from my group here in Colorado would have picked it up. But congrats to Eofor! As Elleth says, that sword really is a piece of MERF history!
Last edited by Manveruon on Tue May 26, 2020 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Eofor
Haeropada

Post by Eofor »

It will be very much loved, I have wanted one for a long time and the fact that it's broken in is absolutely brilliant as I wont be too afraid to take it out into the wild.
Hoping it makes it here alright with the postage slowdown, the tracking is looking okay but slow.