Been awhile...

So moot it be...

Moderator: Greg

Sindara
Dúnadan

Been awhile...

Post by Sindara »

Hi to all! Everyone up here in our neck of the woods has been busy trying to put in gardens and taking care of spring chores - finally got together yesterday for our latest meet…Did some re-cap training to start - each of the older (teenage) Rangers were given two of the younger ones to share what they had learned at the last meet. All of the younger charges were instructed in how to notch sticks for snare triggers, how to tie on the lines and set up the loops for the snares. The older kids then took their 'apprentices' out into the woods where they went over finding games trails and burrows, and how to set up the snares. (Everyone did take them down when finished, just wanted to make sure they had the knowledge - nobody really wanted to catch game at the time.)

Then all the kids had three rounds of 'Capture the Flag'! Wanted to get pictures, but all I could see were occasional parts of bodies sneaking through the woods. Was a great use for their stealth skills!

Meanwhile, us 'adult' Rangers met at Tom and Cam's temporary forge (they will be putting together a permanent forge this summer). They shared some knowledge on blacksmithing with me, and proceeded to make a cold chisel and a fire-striker while I was there (they sent the striker home with me - WooHoo!). Consequently, I have re-arranged my part-time work schedule so that I can meet with them on Friday afternoons for 'basic blacksmithing' lessons! Turnip is thinking about joining me!

We 'older' folks will get together on Monday to discuss what's in store for upcoming meets…

/Users/dunhamfamily/Pictures/iPhoto Library.photolibrary/Previews/2014/04/19/20140419-172726/udphrlzMSn6YsEXMW9EVtQ/DSC_0027.jpg

/Users/dunhamfamily/Pictures/iPhoto Library.photolibrary/Masters/2014/04/19/20140419-172726/DSC_0033.JPG
May your days of peace be long, and your enemies few.
Willrett
Thangailhir

Re: Been awhile...

Post by Willrett »

again this sounds great... I wish we had something like this around here
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"