Indiana Day Hike

So moot it be...

Moderator: Greg

Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Re: Indiana Day Hike

Post by Greg »

I'd be coming with my wife, the two kids, the dog, and at least one local teen, dressed.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

Greg wrote:I'd be coming with my wife, the two kids, the dog, and at least one local teen, dressed.
Even the dog? :wink:
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Straelbora
Haeropada

Post by Straelbora »

Greg wrote:I'd be coming with my wife, the two kids, the dog, and at least one local teen, dressed.
My wife said that she wants to come along and bring the 2 year old. I told her she'd have to be dressed for Middle-Earth. We'll see if this happens. I dragged her to an SCA event once.

Just in case, I spent $5 at Goodwill today, getting some brown pants, a white button-down shirt and a neat vest for the little one, for cheap and easy Hobbit garb.

So when and where, exactly?
Vápnum sínum skala maðr velli á
feti ganga framar því at óvist er at vita
nær verðr á vegum úti geirs um þörf guma
Hávamál
Greg

Post by Greg »

The dog is ALWAYS dressed.

I wouldn't mind someone coming in their civvies...particularly if it aided in convincing her that you're not alone in your insanity.

As for the location, I'm following a lead to a place on public land that has a standing stone structure, about 15 minutes towards bloomington from Nashville. Details to follow.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Alrighty, I think for ease of access, here's what we'll do.

Meetup at about 230 pm in Yellowwood State Forest. After entering the forest area from HWY 46, follow the signs to the boat ramp (should be pretty quick). Meet in this parking lot, and then we'll follow my car to a trailhead, where we'll hike in a little ways (however enterprising we're feeling with three kids under two), find a cozy spot to take some photos and have a fire, swap stories, perhaps a few tunes, and cook a supper-style trail meal. I'll be traveling light...no bedrolls needed, etc., so there'll be room for some food to share, etc.

Any questions, please field them soon.

My wife may actually coming in Civvies...the garb she currently has would most likely be destroyed, and her new wool stuff isn't going to be ready. She'll be manning the camera and the young one...I'll be manning the newly garbed two-year-old.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Just edited my last post...if we meet before about 230, I'll be in the doghouse due to interrupting nap time. 230 puts us just late enough, that our dinner will be more aptly timed.

Planning on doing some fun things like having the group build a little bush shelter for practical purposes, that the kids can play in, etc. Any other activities you'd like to do/bring/whatever, I'm completely open to!
Straelbora
Haeropada

Post by Straelbora »

Next to last call! I'll be there with my five year old, and possibly with the 2 year old and my wife (also likely in civvies).
Vápnum sínum skala maðr velli á
feti ganga framar því at óvist er at vita
nær verðr á vegum úti geirs um þörf guma
Hávamál