Southeast Rangers

So moot it be...

Moderator: Greg

E.MacKermak
Amrod Rhandir

Re: Southeast Rangers

Post by E.MacKermak »

And so it begins!! After nailing down the basic plan, I have set up the FB event for the 1st Annual Southeastern M.E. Ranger Moot. Hopefully this will become a regular event. Details are at https://www.facebook.com/events/481804812027873/

Apparently FB did not accept that I wanted a public event so if you can't see the event on FB, shoot me a FB PM and I will send an invite.

Hope to see you there.
Still round the corner there may wait a new road or a secret gate and though I oft have passed them by a day will come at last when I shall take the hidden paths that run west of the moon, east of the sun.
ulfhedinn

Post by ulfhedinn »

Attempting to request time off from work, hopefully they approve my time off. I would definitely love to meet with everybody! Now to FINALLY get off my butt and get some garb and kit together...
E.MacKermak
Amrod Rhandir

Post by E.MacKermak »

OK. Was finally able to get this set up as a public event. New event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1051429524950245/

The private event will be removed Sunday to avoid confusion.

There will be updates coming as things develop. Hope to see you all out there.

EMK
Still round the corner there may wait a new road or a secret gate and though I oft have passed them by a day will come at last when I shall take the hidden paths that run west of the moon, east of the sun.
Rysgil
Wayfarer

Post by Rysgil »

That's my birthday. May have to use this occasion to celebrate.
Beldanath
Wayfarer

Post by Beldanath »

If the wife will let me I will be going! I also invited a friend of mine to the event and this page as he LARPs a ranger/paladin archtype and lives in SC and loves all things Rangers!
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Hope you all have a grand time!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
E.MacKermak
Amrod Rhandir

Post by E.MacKermak »

Beldanath wrote:If the wife will let me I will be going! I also invited a friend of mine to the event and this page as he LARPs a ranger/paladin archtype and lives in SC and loves all things Rangers!
Would that be Garrett (don't know his game name)? He actually lives maybe 10 minutes from me and we had no idea. Meeting new people is what this event is all about. Feel free to invite anyone you think might be interested.

Guidelines are posted on the event site for those that might not be as familiar with MERF ideas as others.
Kiriana
Haeropada

Post by Kiriana »

Looking forward to this event. Eastwind is nice site and they are improving it all the time.
“From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.”

http://www.mackermakkeep.com
E.MacKermak
Amrod Rhandir

Post by E.MacKermak »

Just a reminder that this event is now only 2 weeks away!! I look forward to seeing those of you who can make it and for those that can't make it this year, I doubt this will be the last year. In fact I am of the opinion that maybe it should rotate locations so not everyone has to travel each year. Maybe throughout North and South Carolina, Georgia, and Virginia. Just something to think about.

See you soon,

EMK
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

These videos are provided not for their content or educational value, but as documentation of the fact that the South Eastern Rangers of the Merf site did in fact meet and the attendees are here by shown in living color. So moot it be! :mrgreen:

http://vid901.photobucket.com/albums/ac ... a88d6y.mp4
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

That's awesome! It's so cool to actually *see* you guys. :)
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Ringulf wrote:These videos are provided not for their content or educational value, but as documentation of the fact that the South Eastern Rangers of the Merf site did in fact meet and the attendees are here by shown in living color. So moot it be! :mrgreen:

http://vid901.photobucket.com/albums/ac ... a88d6y.mp4
By now the government has teams of techs trying to debunk the video. :P

Nice to see you all.
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

There are two more videos to come as soon as I get photo bucket to process them. I wish I knew a simpler way. :? :twisted:
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Taurinor
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Taurinor »

Patrick and I are notoriously bad about taking pictures, but here's one that he took of our little corner of the camp. The white tarp in the back is hiding modern luxuries like a cooler and water jug :lol:
Attachments
SC tarps.jpg
SC tarps.jpg (130.32 KiB) Viewed 19957 times
- Ned Houndswood, Breelander
Richmond Fantasy-Inspired Hiking and Camping (on WordPress and Facebook)
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Taurinor wrote:Patrick and I are notoriously bad about taking pictures, but here's one that he took of our little corner of the camp. The white tarp in the back is hiding modern luxuries like a cooler and water jug :lol:

And you, Sir, are a blower cranking machine! This guy worked the blower for several hours while Patrick, I and one other smith forged. He would not be relieved of his duty. I've never found anyone else that would stand and crank a handle like that. I am thankful for your service!

Also, these guys loaned us a tarp to cover our modern stuff too. :mrgreen:
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.