Indiana End-of-Spring Mega-Moot

So moot it be...

Moderator: Greg

Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Indiana End-of-Spring Mega-Moot

Post by Greg »

One week and one day from today, what may very well be the largest concentration of MERF members in one place ever recorded on planet middle-earth will converge on Southern Indiana.

The people that I knew were nearby enough to make the trip were personally contacted due to the short notice of the event date, since I am fast running out of time in this state (house sale is suddenly moving fast). If you find that you are available Sunday-Monday of next week, and are in close enough proximity to attend, you are more than welcome, and I apologize for not having contacted you sooner.

As it is, here's the down-low.

6220 Forest Rd, Martinsville, IN 46151

That address will get you within about 0.5 mile of the Tecumseh trailhead, which is at a gravel parking lot directly accross the road from the Morgan-Monroe state Forest Nature Center (which is somewhat under construction.) We are meeting at the trailhead (you can leave your car there overnight) at 1pm on Sunday, the 15th, and heading out on the Tecumseh trail, approximately 3 miles to a large rock overhang which will be our shelter for the evening. Campfire-cookable meals, music, and general merriment to be expected, as well as a short Archery shoot-off with a prize or two to be awarded. Show up with a compound and we'll put you on the target...

Anywho, we'll hike in Sunday, set up camp, mess around, have a grand old time, and then casually make our way back out Monday by noon~ish.

I can account for myself and a 40-lb black fuzzface.

ROLL CALL!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Odigan
Vendor

Re: Indiana End-of-Spring Mega-Moot

Post by Odigan »

I will be there, and plan on hiking in on Saturday. If anyone else wants to get two nights in instead of one, you won't be alone.
Udwin
Vendor

Post by Udwin »

Just double or triple checking re: the date.
This is going down the 14th and 15th of June, right? Because a week and a day from today is the 11th, and the 15th is a Monday, not a Sunday.
Assuming we're talking about the 14th and 15th, my partner and myself will be there, in hobbit gear.
Personae: Aistan son of Ansteig, common Beorning of Wilderland; Tungo Brandybuck, Eastfarthing Bounder, 3018 TA; a native Man of the Greyflood, c.850 SA
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

I sincerely wish I could be there! One of these days I swear I'll make it to some kind of ranger meet-up (or on the alternative, finally arrange for one out here in CO). Hope you guys have an awesome time!
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Eothain
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Eothain »

Man... totally wish I could show up. Was there a date set a while back that I missed? Hoping there's another moot this year that I can attend. Have fun rangers!
...in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.
Straelbora
Haeropada

Post by Straelbora »

Not sure if I can stay the night, but I think I 'll hike in for Sunday afternoon and leave before it gets dark.
Vápnum sínum skala maðr velli á
feti ganga framar því at óvist er at vita
nær verðr á vegum úti geirs um þörf guma
Hávamál
Straelbora
Haeropada

Post by Straelbora »

And keep in mind, the trailhead is a 35 minute zig-zag drive to my property where I'm hoping to put together my Middle-earth Inn. If anyone wants to arrive early or leave later and check out the property and site, let me know.
Hávamál
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Yes, Udwin...you're right, as usual.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Udwin
Vendor

Post by Udwin »

Hey, I just wanted to be sure! I'm very much looking forward to this.
It's getting a little down-to-the-wire, but I'm putting the finishing touches on my Tookish lass's new shortgown as we speak.
With the projected weather forecast (and the fact that this is an overnight, hang-out-with-like-minds moot and not a hardcore scenario-trek) in mind, I'm strongly considering going Beorning for this event.
Not that a wool dress is any cooler in 90°F than linen breeches and weskit, but it does allow for much more ventilation!
Personae: Aistan son of Ansteig, common Beorning of Wilderland; Tungo Brandybuck, Eastfarthing Bounder, 3018 TA; a native Man of the Greyflood, c.850 SA
jbook
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by jbook »

See you all there! I may be bringing some tasty greens from Farmer Maggots crop. Actually from the farm I work at, but the former sounds cooler.
Straelbora
Haeropada

Post by Straelbora »

i have a hurling match on the east side of Indy at 11:00 am and they never start on time. According to Google maps, it's an hour from the pitch to the trail head, so I anticipate arriving closer to 1:30 pm.

To confirm, I'll be taking the Tecumseh trail to catch up. Since I'm hiking back out before dark, I'll be travelling light.
Hávamál