First Colorado Moot! (EXTREMELY PIC HEAVY!)

So moot it be...

Moderator: Greg

Manveruon
Thangailhir

First Colorado Moot! (EXTREMELY PIC HEAVY!)

Post by Manveruon »

This past Saturday, February 20th, we had our very first Colorado ranger moot! This was the first time I was successfully able to get more than one other person to don full kit and head out into the outdoors with me. In the end, there were five of us, and we had a blast!
I was unfortunately running somewhat behind in the morning due to unavoidable circumstances, so we got a rather late start, hitting the trail around 1:30 or so. The park was unfortunately packed full of people (it was almost 60 degrees and sunny, and a Saturday to boot, so everyone in Colorado apparently decided this was the day to do outdoorsy stuff), but we did not let this deter us. At Castlewood Canyon there are the ruins of a poorly-built dam that failed back in the late 1800's, flooding the whole Denver area - but they look an awful lot like something you might stumble across somewhere in Middle Earth. We hiked to the ruins, which is a fair way into the park, and then decided to make a complete loop by trekking up around the high cliffs on the opposite side of the canyon. Along the way we learned a bit about trail rations, starting fires with flint and steel, how (not) to smoke a ranger pipe, and how to collect water with modern filters for longer treks. We also saw a falcon and a bald eagle along the way - which I took as very good omens, since the eagles always seem to appear to aid the heroes when they need it most!
In the end, after a somewhat longer hike than we had anticipated, we left the park RIGHT as dusk was settling. Overall, it could not have been more of a success, and I can't wait for our next one!

Here is the link to the entire album on Facebook, which I highly suggest taking a look at! The privacy settings are on "public" so anyone should be able to view it.

https://www.facebook.com/michael.sherid ... 423&type=3

And here are some of the highlights of that album!

Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Re: First Colorado Moot! (EXTREMELY PIC HEAVY!)

Post by Manveruon »

And just for the fun of it, here's an interesting comparison for you. The first picture was taken when I went on the hike with Greg at the beginning of the month. The second pic is the EXACT same location - same rock, same tree - less than three weeks later. Colorado weather, everyone! Crazy as hell.

Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

THOSE ARE GREAT!
(elf ears - fun! :) )

I still really like the "ranger on the rock in silhouette" picture. :)
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Rifter
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Rifter »

Fun times and some really jealous styled shots
'Just because I don't like to fight...doesn't mean I can't'
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

(Comment deleted because I was thinking of a different post altogether... whoops...)
Last edited by Manveruon on Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kortoso
Haeropada

Post by Kortoso »

Great costumes/gear, awesome scenery!
There are no safe paths in this part of the world. Remember you are over the Edge of the Wild now, and in for all sorts of fun wherever you go.