Weekend in Rivendell

So moot it be...

Moderator: Greg

Kortoso
Haeropada

Weekend in Rivendell

Post by Kortoso »

Okay, here's the deal. If I reserve a tent cabin at Yosemite over Thanksgiving vacation 2017, how many Rangers can I see join me in full Ranger (or elven) kit?
There are no safe paths in this part of the world. Remember you are over the Edge of the Wild now, and in for all sorts of fun wherever you go.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Re: Weekend in Rivendell

Post by Manveruon »

Oh man... Not gonna say this isn't tempting... but these things almost never work out for me. Still... this looks absolutely amazing.
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

If only I still lived in that half of the country.... I love Yosemite. Looks like a grand time! :)
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Kortoso
Haeropada

Post by Kortoso »

We did indeed have a grand time. Our northern chapter met up with our southern chapter, totaling twelve worthy souls. Some were kitted out better than others, and we resolved to fix that in future meetings.
I'll share some photos and video when they are ready.
There are no safe paths in this part of the world. Remember you are over the Edge of the Wild now, and in for all sorts of fun wherever you go.
Kortoso
Haeropada

Post by Kortoso »

Here's one shot. I didn't manage to make my way into this photo.
Attachments
23905764.jpg
23905764.jpg (214.62 KiB) Viewed 25832 times
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Looks like a wonderful place :P
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Taurinor
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Taurinor »

Very nice! Always good to get out in the woods with like-minded folks!
Kortoso wrote:Some were kitted out better than others, and we resolved to fix that in future meetings.
I feel like nothing motivates me to work on my kit more than getting out in it with other who are out in kit, too. Not in a "keeping up with the Sackville-Bagginses" sort of way, but it gets me energized and inspired in a way that is hard to maintain when working on gear solo.
Kortoso wrote:Here's one shot.
Ah, I saw that one on Facebook! I hadn't made the connection that you were meeting up with Druin's group until now.
- Ned Houndswood, Breelander
Richmond Fantasy-Inspired Hiking and Camping (on WordPress and Facebook)
Kortoso
Haeropada

Post by Kortoso »

More photos and videos in the offing.
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

How fun! Can't wait to see. :)
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Never got to properly respond to this, after-the-fact, but HOLY COW was that awesome! You guys' photos from this were just unbelievably breathtaking!!! Yosemite is such a PERFECT setting for this! Someday if you do this again I really need to find a way to come out and play! I assume because it's California, and a national park, that they probably disallow weapons of any and all kinds, but I've grown rather fond of my foam-built Strider sword, and I'm thinking I may have to bring that along with me in future to places that don't allow real swords, just for the purposes of looking (and feeling) more complete.

Anyway, again, just awesome stuff! You Ranger Corps guys always look like you have an absolute blast!
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Kortoso
Haeropada

Post by Kortoso »

I must say, that in the far reaches of the Yosemite wilds, one has little chance to happen upon one of the park's reeves.
So we might have carried all manner of gear. :mrgreen:
Still if we encountered any park official, they could have given us a variety of hassles, so that wasn't worth it. :wink:
Druin
Wanderer

Post by Druin »

Whoa I need to check in here more often! I didn’t even know Kortoso had sent a general invitation to all you wonderful MERF folk. Yosemite was beautiful. Those of us who were feeling up for it climbed Glacier Trail to the top. Late start, so several of us came down the mountain in the dark! An extra challenge. I confess we used magic to light the way in places for safety reasons. It was a long way down.
Happy Hunting
Druin
Wanderer

Post by Druin »

Manveruon wrote:You Ranger Corps guys always look like you have an absolute blast!
Rest assured, we absolutely do! If you can ever make it out to a Gathering, please do! We post upcoming events on our Facebook page.
Happy Hunting
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Druin wrote:
Manveruon wrote:You Ranger Corps guys always look like you have an absolute blast!
Rest assured, we absolutely do! If you can ever make it out to a Gathering, please do! We post upcoming events on our Facebook page.
One of these days. Seriously. California isn’t even a very long drive :D
Aravir
Dúnadan

Post by Aravir »

Druin wrote:
Hello Ranger!

Is the group called Ranger Corps on FB? I live in the Bay Area and have watched Kortoso’s videos for some time.

Would be awesome to find more Rangers around here.