The Hobbit Trailer is HERE!!!

Where it's not Ranger related. Rankin Bass, Bakshi, PJ, or independent. If it's not specifically ranger related, let's talk movies (or TV)!

Moderator: caedmon

Manveruon
Thangailhir

The Hobbit Trailer is HERE!!!

Post by Manveruon »

I can't believe nobody has posted about this yet! Peter Jackson et al. have just released the first trailer for "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey"!!!!! I cannot express my sheer level of geek-out at the moment! The trailer looks INCREDIBLE! And the song! THE SONG!!! They say there are actually going to be more of Tolkien's songs in this film, and I'm pretty excited about that (despite often skipping over them in the books, heh).

Between this and the Dark Knight Rises trailer, this has been a bloody great week for movies! And 2012 is shaping up to be the best year for films since I was in high school. Man... getting all nostalgic already! :mrgreen:

So anyway, without further ado, I give you sheer awesomeness incarnate:

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/thehobbit/
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Ernildir
Haeropada

Re: The Hobbit Trailer is HERE!!!

Post by Ernildir »

The song!

I loved how they were doing what Bilbo Baggins hates, too.

I hope the playful mood is maintained throughout, with lots of Tolkien's songs, especially Down, Down, to Goblin Town.
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

Outstanding trailer! Love the look and tone of the film so far, and can't wait to see more!

Ken
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

It is going to be very hard to wait a year for the opportunity to see this! But it is going to change the landscape of Tolkien related interests entirely! It will affect this group, I guarantee it.
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

I agree, friend Ringulf! It is a very interesting time in the Third Age, especially for us Rangering types, and for those of the Dwarven persuasion, I would think it would be akin to the start of the pirate craze caused by the POTC films!

Ken
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

Yes I have been saying it for a while now with my friends, That Dwarves are going to be the Klingons of the new generation. You can't put 13 dwarves in a film and not get a whole bunch of people falling in love with the concept. We may be somewhat short and comical to some but there in lies our attraction! (very disarming unless your an Orc) :mrgreen:
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

Ringulf wrote:Yes I have been saying it for a while now with my friends, That Dwarves are going to be the Klingons of the new generation. You can't put 13 dwarves in a film and not get a whole bunch of people falling in love with the concept. We may be somewhat short and comical to some but there in lies our attraction! (very disarming unless your an Orc) :mrgreen:
ROFL! Well said!

Ken
Odigan
Vendor

Post by Odigan »

Although I've long anticipated The Hobbit I'm having a hard time getting excited over this. I just can't get over the not-a-dwarf dwarves. And while I'm sure I'll still enjoy it, it will likely be more for its technical achievements than any new and beloved imagery. But for Cate Blanchett, of course.

The fact that it's split into two films is also... irksome.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

The clip invokes the same feelings as the Trilogy. Can't wait !
Cimrandir
Haeropada

Post by Cimrandir »

I saw it last night and I can't wait! This movie is going to rock!
Persona : Cimrandir - late 3rd Age Dunedain
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

I know I cant wait hopefully I can have my daughter watching the trilogy all the way through by then :)
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
theowl
Vendor

Post by theowl »

Unbelievably psyched.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

My youngest wanted to see Tin Tin, so I took her this evening. One of the previews was The Hobbit and the preview looks even better on the big screen.

BTW Tin Tin was pretty good, much better than I expected.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Agreed on all counts!
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Still catching up on all the threads. This looks pretty cool! I look forward to seeing it when it comes out.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.