Hobbit scroll poster from Comic-con!

Where it's not Ranger related. Rankin Bass, Bakshi, PJ, or independent. If it's not specifically ranger related, let's talk movies (or TV)!

Moderator: caedmon

Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Hobbit scroll poster from Comic-con!

Post by Mirimaran »

Hi all,

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/56872

Click on the link above, and then embiggen to see images from The Hobbit, including a very beary Beorn!

:)

Ken
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Re: Hobbit scroll poster from Comic-con!

Post by Ringulf »

OMG! the wargs are WARGS! not misshapen mongoloid Hyena-beasts! Oh that makes me sooooo happy! :mrgreen:
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

Ringulf wrote:OMG! the wargs are WARGS! not misshapen mongoloid Hyena-beasts! Oh that makes me sooooo happy! :mrgreen:
Yep. I think we're seeing Del Torro's influence there. I'd hate to say it, but I believe Guillermo DelToro would have made a better movie than PJ. His imagination leans more towards a dark realism in contrast to a fantasy setting. Following both directors for years now Deltoro's imagery is far more stark than PJ's ever was. I'd bet his Mirkwood would have kept you up at night. Oh well, I guess we'll never know.
Winter is coming
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

mcapanelli wrote:
Ringulf wrote:OMG! the wargs are WARGS! not misshapen mongoloid Hyena-beasts! Oh that makes me sooooo happy! :mrgreen:
Yep. I think we're seeing Del Torro's influence there. I'd hate to say it, but I believe Guillermo DelToro would have made a better movie than PJ. His imagination leans more towards a dark realism in contrast to a fantasy setting. Following both directors for years now Deltoro's imagery is far more stark than PJ's ever was. I'd bet his Mirkwood would have kept you up at night. Oh well, I guess we'll never know.
QFT
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
appalachianranger
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by appalachianranger »

mcapanelli wrote:
I like Deltoro's imagery; I despise his writing!
"As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend." -King Solomon
caedmon
Balku'npâ

Post by caedmon »

mcapanelli wrote: Following both directors for years now Deltoro's imagery is far more stark than PJ's ever was. I'd bet his Mirkwood would have kept you up at night. Oh well, I guess we'll never know.

I dunno... I'd agree if you take Pan's Labyrinth as the base... on the other hand Hellboy II is very fantasy.
-Jack Horner

----------------------------
Impression: Cædmon Reedmace | bronze founder living in Archet, Breeland. c. 3017