Misty Mountains Song

Where it's not Ranger related. Rankin Bass, Bakshi, PJ, or independent. If it's not specifically ranger related, let's talk movies (or TV)!

Moderator: caedmon

Ringulf
Naugothrain

Re: Misty Mountains Song

Post by Ringulf »

Eärendur wrote:Not that I'm aware of. The special edition soundtrack has a couple of extra tracks, and a couple of the others are extended/alternate to the OST. If you haven't heard the track "Erebor" from the extended AUJ soundtrack, it's worth looking up, for a simple reason: bagpipes in middle-earth!
LOTRO seems to think it appropriate, as it is one of the most elite insruments a minstrel character can learn...but it's in there!
I picture the sounds that the lap version used by the Irish as a staple for Hobbits, and now that I think of it, some of the Rohiric cultural music seemed to have a bit too if I'm not mistaken!
(and if I am, it should be anyway!) :P
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Ringulf wrote:
Eärendur wrote:I picture the sounds that the lap version used by the Irish as a staple for Hobbits, and now that I think of it, some of the Rohiric cultural music seemed to have a bit too if I'm not mistaken!
Shore didn't actually use Uilleann pipes in any of the scores, but they could've fit quite easily.

Stay tuned (har har)...my new set arrives in September.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

I do love me some well-played Uilleann pipes!

And yes, I did notice that track! I was pleasantly surprised!
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains