Misty Mountains Song

Where it's not Ranger related. Rankin Bass, Bakshi, PJ, or independent. If it's not specifically ranger related, let's talk movies (or TV)!

Moderator: caedmon

Eärendur
Dúnadan

Misty Mountains Song

Post by Eärendur »

Thought you guys might appreciate this: the misty mountains song from the hobbit, sung with all the lyrics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8ymgFyz ... k1R8iikNfF

Not bad for having been done by a guy with his dad and brother.
Straelbora
Haeropada

Re: Misty Mountains Song

Post by Straelbora »

Cool. I saw one on YouTube done by a young woman with a rather shrill voice and couldn't sit through it.

I loved Howard Shore's music for Tolkien's poem, but really disliked the version at the end of the film- it was too 'pop' music for me, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Vápnum sínum skala maðr velli á
feti ganga framar því at óvist er at vita
nær verðr á vegum úti geirs um þörf guma
Hávamál
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

Wow I really like this one, I have been wanting to find one that used the same arrangement but had all the verses, this one is great! I want to use this at Bardic circles! :mrgreen:
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
E.MacKermak
Amrod Rhandir

Post by E.MacKermak »

Outstanding!! Love the video editing.
Still round the corner there may wait a new road or a secret gate and though I oft have passed them by a day will come at last when I shall take the hidden paths that run west of the moon, east of the sun.
Sindara
Dúnadan

Post by Sindara »

WELL DONE! Stirs the blood, be ye dwarf, elf, hobbit, or man!
May your days of peace be long, and your enemies few.
robinhoodsghost
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by robinhoodsghost »

I love that song. What a fine composer, I have all the soundtracks....like to listen to them when I'm fletching arrows.
In the darkest part of Sherwoods glade, in the thickest part of the wood, there are those who say, can still be seen, the ghost of Robin Hood.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Personally, I'm a pretty big fan of this one. Have you guys seen it? There's something... different... about it.

Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

I guess if anyone is gonna wear one Mythril mail glove and sing "Beat It" it is gonna be a Dwarf!
and if we have moon runes why not moon walk? :mrgreen:
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Kiriana
Haeropada

Post by Kiriana »

I have all 3 of the Lotr soundtrack music albums as well as Hobbit-Unexpected Journey. Working on getting Desolation of Smaug music.
“From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.”

http://www.mackermakkeep.com
Straelbora
Haeropada

Post by Straelbora »

Kiriana wrote:I have all 3 of the Lotr soundtrack music albums as well as Hobbit-Unexpected Journey. Working on getting Desolation of Smaug music.
I've listened to the LotR soundtrack music so many times. However, much like the movies overall, I've found the Hobbit music to be a bit flatter (with the exception of the Misty Mountains song). So far, I think that they're 0 for 2 on the songs at the end of the films- they're too 'Europop' for me. The One Ring.net announced as their April Fool's joke that Leonard Nimoy was going to reprise his 'Song of Bilbo Baggins' from the 1960s for the end song on "There and Back Again." Couldn't be any worse than what they'll probably tack on.
Vápnum sínum skala maðr velli á
feti ganga framar því at óvist er at vita
nær verðr á vegum úti geirs um þörf guma
Hávamál
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

And just in case you were lucky enough to miss that...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC73PHdQX04

:shock:
Eärendur
Dúnadan

Post by Eärendur »

I love the LOTR soundtracks, them having been ingrained in my my mind for 10 years, but usually now it's the Complete Recordings for me - all the music recorded for the extended editions. I also have the special editions for both hobbit soundtracks. Neither of them seem as good as LOTR, but AUJ is much better than DOS, IMO. You don't get much of Bilbo's theme in the DOS soundtrack, nor do you get the heroic dwarf theme. And I was somewhat disappointed that music from the preview tracks on the AUJ didn't really show up - hopefully in the third movie. A lot of the musics in DOS just seems kind of bland and "conflict-y" - so I guess it's the same reason I like the FOTR complete recording better than the ROTK. Really, I thought Tauriel's theme was the best part of the DOS soundtrack, and the credits track was the best sample of it.
Kiriana
Haeropada

Post by Kiriana »

I have the extended editions music for lotr. I will have to double check my hobbit music as I don't remember if I have the special edition.
“From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.”

http://www.mackermakkeep.com
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

I too have the complete recordings version of all 3 LotR films, but are there any such things for the Hobbit films as of yet?
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Eärendur
Dúnadan

Post by Eärendur »

Not that I'm aware of. The special edition soundtrack has a couple of extra tracks, and a couple of the others are extended/alternate to the OST. If you haven't heard the track "Erebor" from the extended AUJ soundtrack, it's worth looking up, for a simple reason: bagpipes in middle-earth!