Tolkien Bio-Pic

Where it's not Ranger related. Rankin Bass, Bakshi, PJ, or independent. If it's not specifically ranger related, let's talk movies (or TV)!

Moderator: caedmon

caedmon
Balku'npâ

Tolkien Bio-Pic

Post by caedmon »

Yea or Nay?
-Jack Horner

----------------------------
Impression: Cædmon Reedmace | bronze founder living in Archet, Breeland. c. 3017
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Re: Tolkien Bio-Pic

Post by Elleth »

From the one trailer I saw, I'm quite looking forward to it!

I've not been following any news of it though, so take that for what it's worth. :)
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Ghostsoldier
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Ghostsoldier »

Looks promising, at least from the trailer.

Rob
"Nothing's forgotten."
Straelbora
Haeropada

Post by Straelbora »

My biggest concern is that it will be "this scene in the Hobbit came from this life experience" followed by "this scene from the Lord of the Rings came from that life experience."
Vápnum sínum skala maðr velli á
feti ganga framar því at óvist er at vita
nær verðr á vegum úti geirs um þörf guma
Hávamál
Cimrandir
Haeropada

Post by Cimrandir »

So I finally was able to watch this movie last night and I have to say I loved it. It was a typical Hollywood job with over-dramatization and a loose grasp of the actual facts of the Professor's life but despite that, it somehow spoke to me. Watching the story of his early life seemed to give greater meaning to his later work and seeing the carnage of the Battle of the Somme was a somber reminder of the horror he faced. It didn't delve too deep in the the legendarium and mostly had references to the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings instead of the most accurate for the time Silmarillion. But it was a very wonderful film and the romance between the Professor and Edith was lovely. I was very touched by the ending and I'm not afraid to admit that there were tears in my eyes by the time the credits rolled.
Persona : Cimrandir - late 3rd Age Dunedain