The Elder Scrolls Skyrim

The main focus of MERF is Dunedain Ranger reenactment, but we have a diverse cross-section of users that have multiple interests. Let your other Geek flags fly here.

Moderator: caedmon

Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Re: The Elder Scrolls Skyrim

Post by Peter Remling »

Loved the Elder Scrolls Music Video you posted. If there is anyone here that didn't click on those links, they are missing something very entertaining, whether you like Skyrim or not.
robinhoodsghost
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by robinhoodsghost »

The Elder Scrolls special edition, allows for mods to be added to the game....many LOTR fans, who are modders, have added some really nice ones...here is just a few.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBvOM9UC3EY
In the darkest part of Sherwoods glade, in the thickest part of the wood, there are those who say, can still be seen, the ghost of Robin Hood.
Kortoso
Haeropada

Post by Kortoso »

Peter Remling wrote:Loved the Elder Scrolls Music Video you posted. If there is anyone here that didn't click on those links, they are missing something very entertaining, whether you like Skyrim or not.
I'm not much of a gamer at all, but I discovered the music, most of which is by Jeremy Soule if I'm not mistaken.

This video got my attention. It's emblematic, I think, of much of what I am trying to accomplish.
There are no safe paths in this part of the world. Remember you are over the Edge of the Wild now, and in for all sorts of fun wherever you go.
Kortoso
Haeropada

Post by Kortoso »

Elleth wrote:I finally got sucked into it after watching the Lindsey Stirling / Peter Hollens video one too many times. :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSLPH9d-jsI

(As an aside, both are awesome musicians, and Peter has some absolutely gorgeous covers of the Hobbit tunes - )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yymS1Pb7JfM

As to the game - yes, the wilds they've created are amazing! Beautiful scenery!

I don't think I'll be going for any sequels though. The mind behind some of those scenarios is just... dark. There's showing the dark side, and then there's wallowing in it. I'm inclined to think the one character's speech about "the evil who try to be good" has not a little autobiography in it. That said, amazing technical achievement nonetheless.

... personally, I'd love a "sight seers" version of the LOTRO game. The rendering of Middle Earth was beautiful, but it just wasn't worth a new combat every minute or three to see it.
This may be a more inviting way to share these:

There are no safe paths in this part of the world. Remember you are over the Edge of the Wild now, and in for all sorts of fun wherever you go.
Brownno
Dúnadan

Post by Brownno »

Did you guys know that people have been developing Morrowind and Skyrim together to create SkyWind. Basically it is the story of Morrowind and all the quests and everything but they plan to put those parts into the Skyrim graphics and playing engine. So it is Morrowind put into Skyrim but no Skyrim story or Skyrim maps. I feel like once the people working on it finish it, it will be amazing.
The mountains are calling and I must go.
The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.
Keep close to Nature's heart... and break clear away, once in awhile, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.