LOTRO co-leveling Ranger Company

The main focus of MERF is Dunedain Ranger reenactment, but we have a diverse cross-section of users that have multiple interests. Let your other Geek flags fly here.

Moderator: caedmon

Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Re: LOTRO co-leveling Ranger Company

Post by Eledhwen »

How crowded is the Landroval server anyway? Looking for another server to play on myself, new character(s), now that I know what the hell I'm doing.

Eledhwen
Nandalad!
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

I was running around on it for the last day or two and it is not as full as brandywaine or Arkenstone, but there is a bi of activity during the evening for us. It seems to be an RP server mostly and I kind of like that but folks tend to write in character in a narrative form.
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
sgainbrachta
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by sgainbrachta »

yeah, Landroval is a more RP type server, not too crowded.

I'm playing right now to farm for cash on my main (Eadylferth) as I'm sure we'll need startup capitol...
Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Post by Eledhwen »

It says EN- RE...I'm told the RE means Roleplay Encouraged. Since I'm a roleplayer from the early 70s, sounds good to me.

Eledhwen
Nandalad!
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

Eadylferth!

Were are you farming I am doing the same with Ringulf in the shire! let's friend each other. :mrgreen:
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Jon
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Jon »

Great Beth, that solves our problem for a healer (we don't mind dying; our lives being in peril adds to the fun).

Also thanks guys for filling out the poll. It looks like it may be on Sunday the 16th that we try and play.
I know it's so hard to resist playing on your new character, so what about if we say (instead of just finishing the starter quest) that we play up until level 10?
What level does the epic quest start at BTW?

Life before Death.
Strength before Weakness.
Journey before Destination.
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

you start getting into it on all races at around 10th
sgainbrachta

Post by sgainbrachta »

10 is a good number. Ringulf is there already, and I'll start someone once we know what we want or need. I'd like to run a champ, hunter or warden, as I prefer the offense...

I can hit the base lvl in no time, as I've played for a while...

Epic can begin as low as 8, but you die... Always.
RangerKellen

Post by RangerKellen »

Sounds good to me! I will start playing once I get back tonight!
"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."
-J.R.R. Tolkien
sgainbrachta

Post by sgainbrachta »

I'll have Eadylferth on from time to time tonight, between sewing projects. Add him to your friends list, and I'll be happy to start the twinky gear supply, generally around level 12-16.

The other names to add are Eodhric, Farendas, Dryminleth, and Darvor. These guys will be the base from which goods can be had- metalsmith, weaponsmith, scholar, tailor, cook, jeweler... got's 'em all there! We'll just have to farm materials for the goods, as I don't keep lower level stuff on-hand.

I'm not sure what name I'll take for my Ranger, but I'll make sure ya'll know!
Jon
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Jon »

That's awesome.
So if we plan to meet sometime on the 16th (time to figure out later), bring your ranger to the prancing pony at level 10. I guess we'll probably start the epic then.

we have:
-a hunter
-a champ
-a guardian
-a minstrel

This is getting exciting!!!

Life before Death.
Jon
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Jon »

Hey guys,

I guess it didn't really work out last night :?
Anyhow, I guess with it being Christmas an all most people will be too busy to play until afterwards, but otherwise let me know a time and we can even meet up in pairs.

Life before Death.
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

I am sorry I was not on last night (making Christmas presents) but I really did not know we had come to a descision on when we were getting together, or I would have been.
I have several characters right now around 10 of course Ringulf is my primary and a hunter, then there is Djolimar a hobbit warden, Aribjorn a dwarven Guardian, Heathbjorn a dwarf Champ (have not gotten him up to speed yet but can if needed) and a Dwarven Rune master from Rhun, hee hee, a son of Sindri named Utal.
So add any of those names to your friend lists and I will see you on there.
:mrgreen:
sgainbrachta

Post by sgainbrachta »

Oh my word- I completely spaced it... I'm sorry!

I shall start a warden or a burglar (unless you think we could use a hunter, champ or minstrel second~) today, as I've yet to play a warden or a burglar in a group. Name to be announced, probably Eadylfrith (with an "I") and I'll have him at lvl 10 by later this evening or tomorrow morning.

The Rangers in-game pretty much all seem to be hunters and champions, with a few that may be Burglars or Minstrels. None appear to be LM, RK or that sort.

Also- if you take a few- add Eadylferth to your friends list, and he can help. What would be great is as soon as we hit the "Barrow Iron" tools level, or want or need specific armor (he makes it all~) he can go on a super build the twinky stuff day. I also have fairly high-level makers of all the other gear, too. Mostly I'll just need raw materials, like the iron ingots or the leathers. And the crticial items help, too- otherwise his crit chance is only like 50%... I'll take a look at the equipment such as armor today and see what is nice, and at what levels. Heck, I figure we ought to have good gear, all things being equal. After all, we are representing the men of the West!

Let me know ASAP what class would be best- I would play a Loremaster or Rune Keeper, but I suck playin' them~ and don't think they are what the Rangers seem to be.

Robert
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

Just for the sake of a balanced party, I figure we can be any class and still be Rangers, it is a lifestyle not a skillset alone. So if you want a warden or a burgler go for it! That is why I made a few more so that if we keep them around the same level and if one night someone with a particular class can't make it we can sub in an alt.