LOTRO Ranger Gathering

The main focus of MERF is Dunedain Ranger reenactment, but we have a diverse cross-section of users that have multiple interests. Let your other Geek flags fly here.

Moderator: caedmon

Jon
Amrod Rhandir

Re: LOTRO Ranger Gathering

Post by Jon »

THIS here friday (tomorrow) works, but I may only be able to be on for and hour or so. Ill be on this friday even if there is just one of you available. Two is company!

Not to go off topic, but in terms of fishing, the only 3 times I have done it before, I have swam out into the sea to hunt the prey, instead of waiting for the prey to come to me. It's a frustrating, cold, and time-consuming job, but gets it done very effectively. Still need to pluck up the courage to swim further for bigger fish!

Life before Death.
Strength before Weakness.
Journey before Destination.
Ernildir
Haeropada

Post by Ernildir »

Sorry I didn't manage to make it today, Dirhael. :/

I and my brother will be on tomorrow (Saturday) at 1:00 PM EST. If even one of you can make it, please feel free to come, and we will cleanse Fornost. Add Ernildhir and Eornath to your friends list so you can instant-message us and we can find you.
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Ernildir
Haeropada

Post by Ernildir »

Nevermind. I just found out that Fornost is closed, and will be completely inaccessible until it is revamped. :/
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
RangerKellen
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by RangerKellen »

That's okay. I wouldn't have been able to make it anyway,
I have to go to my sister's high school girls soccer game. The good part is that it's for State!
"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."
-J.R.R. Tolkien
Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Post by Eledhwen »

Ah well. Eledhwenn is camped at the Ranger encampment there.

Eledhwen
Nandalad!
Ernildir
Haeropada

Post by Ernildir »

The update is on Monday, so Fornost will be open again next week... but it will be drastically changed, and I think it will be split into about 4 instances rather than just being one. We can still give it a try some time, if we can actually ever manage to find a date/time that works for us. ;)
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

I am currently reinstalling the game now.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Ranger of Arthedain

Post by Ranger of Arthedain »

Just finished re-installing the game myself after taking a month or so of a break from it. Ernildhir, whenever I can catch you online I'm still hoping to add my main character to Rangers of the North, if you don't mind haha. All of the regulars from the kinship I previously belonged to have literally disappeared.

BUT, when and if we ever get a gathering set up, I've got the game re-installed and ready to roll. ;)
When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives. Winter is almost upon us, it will be long and hard, but the North remembers and the wolves will come again.
sgainbrachta

Post by sgainbrachta »

So nobody plays on Landroval, then?

Darnit.

I'm a founder, been paying since closed beta- Eadylferth (same name here~) is a 75 Champ- who I need to play more again... But playing takes away time I can be making things, like bows and knives!
Ernildir
Haeropada

Post by Ernildir »

Before the recent release of Riders of Rohan, I was actually playing almost exclusively on Landroval in a Dol Amroth themed trio with a couple of my brothers. We were only about level 41 before we returned to Arkenstone to experience Rohan, though. But I'm sure we will be back on Landroval soon enough.
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

I am still on Winfola and I am stregnthening my players that I may move to Arkenstone to play with you folks if we are tostart things up. I have a pretty nice setup and 13 characters on their none over 40.
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Post by Eledhwen »

All but one of mine are on Arkenstone; Guardian 71, Hunter 64, and some others in the 20's.
Nandalad!
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

I have four characters at the moment. Two are on Arkenstone- I play them the most. Anthalond, my Man Champion, just made lvl 30. Beordin, my Dwarf Hunter, is lvl 25.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
RangerKellen

Post by RangerKellen »

I really need to get back on track! As far as I can remember I have two Elven Hunters who are in the teens level-wise. Maybe we could all make a new character in a certain world that way we could play together?
"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."
-J.R.R. Tolkien
Jon
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Jon »

@RangerKellen, I really like that Idea. Sort of 5-6 of us (fellowship size) of different classes, leveling up together? I would sure be slow leveling (finding mutual free time) but if it were on a separate world we wouldn't need to worry too much and take our time.
Aside, is anyone going to be roaming Arkenstone sometime this week?

Life before Death.
Strength before Weakness.
Journey before Destination.