Nemo's Ranger Kit

A place for pics and tutorials on making Soft Kit (clothing and accessories like buckles and cloak pins).

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Rifter
Amrod Rhandir

Re: Nemo's Ranger Kit

Post by Rifter »

That's some outstanding kit, looking sharp, great images too. Well done. The Thralls of Mordor shall flee thee for sure
'Just because I don't like to fight...doesn't mean I can't'
Nemo of Calh
Dúnadan

Post by Nemo of Calh »

Sorry it took me so long to respond to this. Frothgar did tell me right away, but I apparently forgot my old password and I didn't have access to the email address associated with my account (my old college address) anymore. I was only just now able to have that address forwarded to a different one, so I could reset my password and now I can respond. Thanks for the replies everyone. Carver, Nemo is the main character from the book I'm working on. I finished the first draft a few years back and I've been editing it on and off to get it ready for publishing. It's slow going now that I'm an actual adult with a job and everything, but hopefully I can actually get it on shelves someday.

As a side note, the kit as it stands in this thread is getting phased out. The leather is just too hot to use most of the year, and having black as one of the main colors doesn't do much towards camouflage. So, I'm looking into getting a custom garment made to replace the leather, and I want to make new belts that will do the same thing as these but be more practical and comfortable.
"He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

That is very cool my friend! I understand your dilemma and my usual response is ...sweat. Let us know how it turns out for you and do tell us when we can purchase the book! I am invested in Nemo now that we have gotten to know him for a few years!! :mrgreen:
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen: