Not sure about these boots.

A place for pics and tutorials on making Soft Kit (clothing and accessories like buckles and cloak pins).

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Willrett

Not sure about these boots.

Post by Willrett »

http://www.medievalcollectibles.com/p-9 ... boots.aspx

I really like they way they looked but not sure if they are worth it. Anyone actually see these in person? I would consider making something similar to these but maybe alittle heavier but I'm not sure. Any ideas or comments would be greatly appreciated.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

http://www.museumreplicas.com/p-349-cal ... boots.aspx

Try this site if you decide on the boots, it's a lot cheaper.

The boots are made for Windlass and Museum Replicas is owned by Windlass so when they discontinue a line they generally willl have the best price.

Sorry no first hand knowledge on these boots.
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

Well having experience with MRL boots it all depends on what your looking to do with em. If you just want to look cool and don't care about function then their great. If you intend to walk in them for an extended period of time I'd save my pennies or make my own. Trust me on this one. I had a pair of Loxley boots that seemed to fit good, until I spent 8 hrs in them at the NY ren faire. They killed my feet and caused blisters. They were so bad I picked up a pair of Sandlar low boots just so I could survive the rest of my weekend. This is my personal experience mind you and yours and others may vary so take it with a grain of salt.
Winter is coming
Beornmann
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Beornmann »

Not a big fan of buying direct from MRL. Most of their line can be found cheaper elsewhere, including blades. LOVE the catalogs though; make for wonderful Xmas lists.
Near is the hour when the Lost should come forth, And the Grey Company ride from the North.