Dunedain Star Brooch...

A place for pics and tutorials on making Soft Kit (clothing and accessories like buckles and cloak pins).

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

E.MacKermak
Amrod Rhandir

Re: Dunedain Star Brooch...

Post by E.MacKermak »

Just an update...still going forward on the project. For those worried about paying, I don't need money until he is ready to ship. Since he likely won't get a chance to actually poor metal til later this month or next month, don't be in a rush to worry about paying just yet.
Still round the corner there may wait a new road or a secret gate and though I oft have passed them by a day will come at last when I shall take the hidden paths that run west of the moon, east of the sun.
Jonathan B.
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Jonathan B. »

I didn't want to start a new topic for this, it seems we aren't the only ones who wanted a Dunedain Star.
Around 1:20 is the part I'm referring to. http://www.stickam.com/viewMedia.do?mId=192098717 The company is Badali Jewelry.
Kiriana
Haeropada

Post by Kiriana »

my sound works fine but that video's sound didn't work for me. And I made sure the sound icon on the video was set for sound not mute. hmmm
“From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.”

http://www.mackermakkeep.com
Jonathan B.
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Jonathan B. »

That's odd works for me.I tried it with IE, FireFox, and Safari and it worked with all three.
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

turn both the video and pc volume up all the way and you might hear it alittle.... not good sound quality.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
kaelln

Post by kaelln »

Worked fine for me. Looks like they're going with a compass rose, which was my preference.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

kaelln wrote:Worked fine for me. Looks like they're going with a compass rose, which was my preference.
Yes but their's is going to be for sale to anyone and ours' is exculsive.

Can you say "Star Snob" ? :D :D
Jonathan B.
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Jonathan B. »

And I'm sure theirs will be at a higher price than ours.
Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Post by Eledhwen »

They're stuff is nice..but some of it is, to my tastes, rather overdone...less is more to me in many ways. Very nice concept work nonetheless. Just not to my tastes...and I doubt theirs would hold up under field conditions.

Eledhwen
Nandalad!
Jonathan B.
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Jonathan B. »

Yeah I like some of the concept art but the one he's talking about maybe going with would be too ornate for me, now if he does drop the knot-work I might give it another look.Although money being what it is it's all really moot anyway.