My first cloak, and a question (pic heavy)

A place for pics and tutorials on making Soft Kit (clothing and accessories like buckles and cloak pins).

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Ringulf
Naugothrain

Re: My first cloak, and a question (pic heavy)

Post by Ringulf »

Elwindil wrote:I recall seeing something somewhere talking about Dwarven Bear Cavalry, perhaps I was mistaken though. Your kit is coming along quite well, wish I could say the same for mine. *laughs* as for the shiny buckle, there's a fair few folks on etsy that have lovely buckles, or there's the route of getting one from our very own resident buckle maker as well.
Yeah those were the days! the wargs and their riders would just put their tail between their legs and run!

(I guess he finally traded in the pig!)
Attachments
5388c5c659a292efe88947093e295868.jpg
5388c5c659a292efe88947093e295868.jpg (29.09 KiB) Viewed 7141 times
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Bumr Blackbrand
Wayfarer

Post by Bumr Blackbrand »

Iodo, where did you get your new buttons? I really like the flower petal look they have.
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Ringulf wrote:
Elwindil wrote:I recall seeing something somewhere talking about Dwarven Bear Cavalry, perhaps I was mistaken though. Your kit is coming along quite well, wish I could say the same for mine. *laughs* as for the shiny buckle, there's a fair few folks on etsy that have lovely buckles, or there's the route of getting one from our very own resident buckle maker as well.
Yeah those were the days! the wargs and their riders would just put their tail between their legs and run!

(I guess he finally traded in the pig!)
Bear riding, I could never quite master that :mrgreen:
Bumr Blackbrand wrote:Iodo, where did you get your new buttons? I really like the flower petal look they have.
They're from a local market
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Iodo wrote: Bear riding, I could never quite master that :mrgreen:
Breaking them in is the hard part. A little like breaking a bronco but a little less quoit and a little more warhammer. :P