New Belt

A place for pics and tutorials on making Soft Kit (clothing and accessories like buckles and cloak pins).

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Mithdir
Wanderer

Re: New Belt

Post by Mithdir »

Manveruon wrote:I'm really enjoying the discussion about Dunedain/Imladris relations! Perhaps you're right about splitting the thread, because I think it's worthy of its own discussion - especially since the topic seems to come up in conversation not infrequently around here.

As for the rest, I absolutely love the belt! Your work is beautifully clean and finished! And I especially like your idea of folding the flesh side of the leather out instead of in for the fold-over. I live for little unique details like that. I've got one of those buckles from the Iron Ring too, and I'm quite fond of it, though I haven't yet found a use for it. I originally bought it for my wife's Mirkwood Elf garb, but never ended up using it. I may finally have to make a belt for it!

Anyway, very nice! I can't wait to see more of your kit come together!
Thank you for your kind words. This is the first time I've worked with leather and it's been a great discovery! I can't wait to make more stuff with it. Perhaps I'll try making a pouch next...
"Short cuts make long delays"
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

That's your first piece? Wow! Nicely done!
I'm looking forward to seeing your pouch.

I very much hope my lore rambings wasn't putting you off! Your work is lovely, and I can't wait to see how it wears in and what else you come up with.
Again, welcome! :)
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Mithdir
Wanderer

Post by Mithdir »

Elleth wrote:That's your first piece? Wow! Nicely done!
I'm looking forward to seeing your pouch.

I very much hope my lore rambings wasn't putting you off! Your work is lovely, and I can't wait to see how it wears in and what else you come up with.
Again, welcome! :)
Don’t worry about it! I like this kind of discussion, and the different points of view and speculations :)
And yes, that is the first thing I’ve ever made with leather. I will make sure to take pictures of the actual making of the pouch, not just the finished product :P
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Guillem Clapés wrote: I will make sure to take pictures of the actual making of the pouch, not just the finished product :P
Progress photo's, there's something I always forget to do, but I always remember that I should have once I finish :mrgreen:
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Mithdir
Wanderer

Post by Mithdir »

Iodo wrote:
Mithdir wrote: I will make sure to take pictures of the actual making of the pouch, not just the finished product :P
Progress photo's, there's something I always forget to do, but I always remember that I should have once I finish :mrgreen:
Yes! I get very distracted by the actual making of the thing and then I suddenly realise that it’s been hours, the work is finished and I haven’t taken a single picture. Oh well!
Last edited by Mithdir on Thu Apr 11, 2019 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

I think a lot of us have that problem around here!
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains