Modern History: A Funny Thing About Medieval Hoods

A place for pics and tutorials on making Soft Kit (clothing and accessories like buckles and cloak pins).

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Ursus
Amrod Rhandir

Modern History: A Funny Thing About Medieval Hoods

Post by Ursus »

I thought some would find this short video educational or inspirational. This whole channel is worth subscribing to.

https://youtu.be/_XvEK6d9hEM
"Lonely men are we, Rangers of the wild, hunters – but hunters ever of the servants of the Enemy."

“My cuts, short or long, don’t go wrong.”
Iodo
Thangailhir

Re: Modern History: A Funny Thing About Medieval Hoods

Post by Iodo »

Fascinating, Thanks for the link :P
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

Fun!

I love the "baseball cap" reference: if memory serves caedmon's group up in AK has made the same connection.
(Also the cocks-comb look takes on a whole new dimension once you've been around roosters a while. :mrgreen: )

Anyhow, I've been needing to make a proper weather hood at some point soon, probably deriving from the Skjoldehamn pattern.
Since it doesn't take a lot of fabric, I'm thinking of splurging on either strichloden or a tweed. Any suggestions/thoughts/advice on fabric choice?
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
robinhoodsghost
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by robinhoodsghost »

I am constantly amazed at the ingenuity of man......so much of what was known has been lost. Thanks for sharing.
In the darkest part of Sherwoods glade, in the thickest part of the wood, there are those who say, can still be seen, the ghost of Robin Hood.