Boromir bag build

A place for pics and tutorials on making Soft Kit (clothing and accessories like buckles and cloak pins).

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Ursus
Amrod Rhandir

Re: Boromir bag build

Post by Ursus »

Really cool. Maybe not canon but it sort of puts me in mind of a Middle Earth version of a Roman pera bag. I could see the common Gondorian foot soldier carrying a plainer variant of this for field rations and the like.
"Lonely men are we, Rangers of the wild, hunters – but hunters ever of the servants of the Enemy."

“My cuts, short or long, don’t go wrong.”
theowl
Vendor

Post by theowl »

It's about as close to canon as you can get without being screen used. It makes a lot of sense, but Boromir already had so much to carry, I get why they scrapped it.
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

That is nice work! The stitching must have taken foreeeeevvver.
I especially like how you used the middle part of Shockbolt's Boromir tabard-clasp as button. It's *exactly* the kinf of thing WETA would have done. :mrgreen:

Is your client planning on using it, either out in the field or in cosplay or something? I'm curious to hear how it works!
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Love it! It came out really well :P
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
theowl
Vendor

Post by theowl »

Elleth wrote:That is nice work! The stitching must have taken foreeeeevvver.
I especially like how you used the middle part of Shockbolt's Boromir tabard-clasp as button. It's *exactly* the kinf of thing WETA would have done. :mrgreen:
Thanks! I had a few of the first ones he modeled that were too small around, so I figured it seemed like an appropriate choice.
Elleth wrote:
Is your client planning on using it, either out in the field or in cosplay or something? I'm curious to hear how it works!
He plans on using it for cosplay repair supplies as well as his wallet and keys etc. I wore it around for a few hours and it worked pretty well, but I told him to let me know how it does after 3 days at SDCC.
theowl
Vendor

Post by theowl »

Iodo wrote:Love it! It came out really well :P
Thanks! Your picnic roll definitely helped in figuring out the general layout, so thank you.
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

theowl wrote: Thanks! Your picnic roll definitely helped in figuring out the general layout, so thank you.
NP :P
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.