New gear

Hard Kit is all other accoutrements that are not clothing, weapons or armour. This includes pots and tents, and flint & steel, and other things like that.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Laothain
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

New gear

Post by Laothain »

Here are two new pieces of kit that I recently finished. The quiver was a Bows of the Risen Son ranger quiver that I picked up last fall and it barely fit me. I took it apart and replaced the straps with old belts from thrift stores and added some scrap leather to reinforce the main seam and along the top. The arm guard took some doing and a good deal of head scratching to get it right I made a friction lock out of an old branch from the backyard. If you have questions feel free to ask.
Attachments
New arm guard after a good deal of rework I'm now pleased with it.
New arm guard after a good deal of rework I'm now pleased with it.
bracer1.jpg (208.55 KiB) Viewed 7150 times
Another shot of the before and after
Another shot of the before and after
quiver before.after2.jpg (194 KiB) Viewed 7150 times
A pic showing the before and after of my quiver
A pic showing the before and after of my quiver
quiver before.after.jpg (128.5 KiB) Viewed 7150 times
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Re: New gear

Post by Peter Remling »

Your quiver looks 1000% better than the original, nice job.
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

Oh that's night and day! Great job rescuing that quiver!

That is an interesting arm guard design: is it basically a bottom piece that goes around your forearm, with reinforcement along each edge and a leather "strike plate" of sorts inside the arm? Am I seeing that right?
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Laothain
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Laothain »

Thank you the black strip running down the quiver was a bit of a bear to sew but a mini mag and needle nose helped a lot. You are mostly correct Elleth the strike plate holds a hidden secondary propose. I used leather from a three pound bag of scraps and needed to piece together the bottom piece together I thought a strike plate to help protect my arm a bit more would be a perfect addition.