A couple of projects in the works

Hard Kit is all other accoutrements that are not clothing, weapons or armour. This includes pots and tents, and flint & steel, and other things like that.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

A couple of projects in the works

Post by Peter Remling »

IMG_7235.JPG
IMG_7235.JPG (6.77 MiB) Viewed 5176 times
IMG_7235.JPG
IMG_7235.JPG (6.77 MiB) Viewed 5176 times
About a month ago I said I was getting revitalized. I'm working on several projects: a sword scabbard for a two hander, reprofiling a beater sword into a user a special project that I havn't found a serviceable blade for yet and this:

I bought this knife about a year ago. It came with a crappy leather sheath but I really like the knife and think it's an excellent camp knife so I made a poplar scabbard for it'

The scabbard is designed to be worn on the left side behind the back with the handle angled for a left hand draw (like a main gauche). If I were in garb in the woods I'd have a sword on my left hip and a handaxe on my right side.

The final picture shows that it needs no retaining strap as it is very snug in the scabbard.

Edit the pictures are a little out of order.
Attachments
IMG_7238.JPG
IMG_7238.JPG (3.94 MiB) Viewed 5176 times
IMG_7237.JPG
IMG_7237.JPG (4.9 MiB) Viewed 5176 times
IMG_7236.JPG
IMG_7236.JPG (6.08 MiB) Viewed 5176 times
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Re: A couple of projects in the works

Post by Mirimaran »

Excellent work, as usual, Peter! A fine blade, and a sheath worthy of it!

Ken
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"