Finaly finished my quiver (pic heavy)

Hard Kit is all other accoutrements that are not clothing, weapons or armour. This includes pots and tents, and flint & steel, and other things like that.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Scarxik
Wanderer

Finaly finished my quiver (pic heavy)

Post by Scarxik »

long time ago when I was just a little kid and when i first saw lotr movies I allways wanted my own leather back quiver and this day is finaly here.

I realy dont know how to handle leather. I was trying to make one by my self but it was dissaster.. So I lorked around and looking for some leatherworker who will be able to put my quiver together.

My quiver is havily inspired by utghard and elleth quivers but with couple of changes. we change the front for my quiver because my leatherworker says that will be too difficult and it will take up more time and of course money to put it together like that.. so we decided to just sew it together. And personaly i like it.

Whole quiver its made from 4mm thick buffalo leather. Straps are made from 3mm thick cow leather. Stiched together with thick white thread. Painted and toned with mahagon collor and spray paint gun. I dont have acces to fancy buckles so we used what he has or what he made like a main strap buckle.

Overall im realy happy whit the results. Quiver holds up to 24 arrows in 11/32 thicknes with field points and arrow sock.

Straps are made for holding bow and of course bedroll.

I must say big thanks to Matej Kacko
4.jpg
4.jpg (190.53 KiB) Viewed 15101 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (193.31 KiB) Viewed 15101 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (196 KiB) Viewed 15101 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (168 KiB) Viewed 15101 times
Last edited by Scarxik on Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
“Home is behind, the world ahead, and there are many paths to tread through shadows to the edge of night,
until the stars are all alight.” JRR Tolkien
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Re: Finaly finished my quiver (pic heavy)

Post by Elleth »

That looks awesome! How's it feel to use? Are you going to be using a sock, or as-is?
we change the front for my quiver because my leatherworker says that will be too difficult and it will take up more time and of course money to put it together like that.. so we decided to just sew it together.
That was a very very wise decision. :)
I dont have acces to fancy buckles so we used what he has or what he made like a main strap buckle.
If you're interested, I did make the buckles I used publically available:
https://www.shapeways.com/product/N9WKL ... d=62795359
If you do want one, hold off ordering a bit and let me know: Shapeways changed their policy a while back so I can add the tongue to the product file and hopefully drop the combined price a bit. That said, I've discovered using a bronze tongue "Faramir style" has an issue. More details on that later.

edit - details here.

Anyhow, your quiver looks great! I can't wait to hear how it works out for you in the woods. :)
Last edited by Elleth on Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Scarxik
Wanderer

Post by Scarxik »

I will be using sock of corse these photos are just studio photos from letherworker page.. theese was captured before I put my hands on the quiver. So its just a demo for pics :)

I will upload some new photos when i put my arrow sock together and i still didnt choose new arrow style i will be using right now I just test some things lenght of the arrows, colors and style of arrow heads and feathers :) when i finish arrows and sock I will post some new photos :)
“Home is behind, the world ahead, and there are many paths to tread through shadows to the edge of night,
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

That turned out real cool!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

Oh! I meant to ask - I see there's some kind of leather medallion at the top, and think I see the impression of a stamped design? What is that?
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Scarxik
Wanderer

Post by Scarxik »

Elleth wrote:Oh! I meant to ask - I see there's some kind of leather medallion at the top, and think I see the impression of a stamped design? What is that?
Yeah you are right its a stamp and its a leatherworker mark exactly the same like that logo in the corner of the pictures :)
Scarxik
Wanderer

Post by Scarxik »

Finaly I finished my arrow sock and my new arrows. And like I promise here is a pic of finished quiver :)
Attachments
A14E63A4-94D1-438D-817C-853AF51B5A90.jpeg
A14E63A4-94D1-438D-817C-853AF51B5A90.jpeg (156.29 KiB) Viewed 14923 times
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Came together very nicely. You must be proud.

...just don't shoot those arrows into the bushes! They may never come back out!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Very nice job.