First bit

Hard Kit is all other accoutrements that are not clothing, weapons or armour. This includes pots and tents, and flint & steel, and other things like that.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Gærfast
Wayfarer

First bit

Post by Gærfast »

So I plunked down the money for my first but of hard kit... my ranger star. Looking forward to tromping through the mountains and trails as a ranger.
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Re: First bit

Post by Elleth »

Ha! They just now sent me an alert!

I didn't see until now they used my photo of the silver one for the steel as well. Steel will have a somewhat coarser surface, and you may need to polish the pin and loops a bit to get the pin in. But I think it'll work just fine.

I can't wait to see how it looks on your cloak. :lol:
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

Gaerfast - I just got the notice Shapeways cancelled your steel order - frustrating, since they've printed a prior version of that star for me in steel already! :/

Anyhow, I'll get the version they've already done in steel up this evening for you. Alternately, I can sell you one of those I already had made in steel (the plain one on the left):
It does have a slightly bronzy tinge compared to regular stainless - I thought was a screwup, but Shapeways tells me that just sometimes happens with the steel prints. But if you want to go that way, I can have it in your hands sooner.

In the meantime, I've taken down the steel version from the shapeways page so no one else gets the runaround. :(
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Gærfast
Wayfarer

Post by Gærfast »

No worries. Whatever is easier for you.
Gærfast
Wayfarer

Post by Gærfast »

Elleth, I sent you a pm.