Custom Re-Worked Blade/Sword Build Progress

A central place to talk about weapons and armour, as it relates to your kit. This is where you show it of or talk about making it. Discussing the relative merits of types of weapons goes in the WMA section.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Eric C
Vendor

Re: Custom Re-Worked Blade/Sword Build Progress

Post by Eric C »

Greg wrote:I will answer some...but not all.

No, it isn't wrought iron. Ernie mills all his pieces...those are machining marks. Correct: early stage, rough before polish.

Yes, the intent is to complement my seax. That handle material is from the same piece of wenge. No, I won't tell you what the pencil marks mean, though.

You're evil! That's one reason I like you. :twisted:
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Re: Custom Re-Worked Blade/Sword Build Progress

Post by Greg »

The first two pages of this thread were pretty much dedicated to trying to figure out what the blade started out as. Accidentally today, I discovered it. The Hanwei/Tinker line sells through CAS Iberia some replacement blades, including this one, which has to be the model my blade began its life as.

http://casiberia.com/product/tinker-bas ... ler/oh2412

...for those who were curious. I've gotta say...the grind wasn't perfect, and the edge wasn't all that sharp all the way back (probably just the forte, really), but at $170, if you're wanting to build your own at home, you can't really beat that.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.