Scabbard leather wrap tutorial PDF

A central place to talk about weapons and armour, as it relates to your kit. This is where you show it of or talk about making it. Discussing the relative merits of types of weapons goes in the WMA section.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

ineffableone
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Scabbard leather wrap tutorial PDF

Post by ineffableone »

A fine SBG member over on that forum just posted up a PDF tutorial on how to leather wrap a scabbard including how to do risers.

Figured I would let folks here know about it in case they would like to customize their scabbards. I know my head is now racing with ideas though it probably didn't help I was literally just looking at DBK Custom Scabbards before looking at the thread on SBG. LOL

Anyways here is the SBG thread link and the PDF URL is in the first post there http://www.sword-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=18252
ineffableone

Re: Scabbard leather wrap tutorial PDF

Post by ineffableone »

Opps I forgot to mention there is also a thread with a pdf dowload on how to make a poplar core with a router

http://www.sword-forum.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=18145
Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Post by Eledhwen »

Excellent. :)

Eledhwenn
Nandalad!
Taurinor
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Taurinor »

Wow, the finished scabbard looks really cool!

I really like this tutorial, which is similar, but less ornate. It also includes instructions for a few different ways to make a core, as well as adding an intergrated sword belt.
- Ned Houndswood, Breelander
Richmond Fantasy-Inspired Hiking and Camping (on WordPress and Facebook)
ineffableone

Post by ineffableone »

Taurinor wrote:Wow, the finished scabbard looks really cool!

I really like this tutorial, which is similar, but less ornate. It also includes instructions for a few different ways to make a core, as well as adding an intergrated sword belt.
Yes that one has less about how to do the risers, and making the wood core to fit the blade. But it does have the suspension system stuff which can really make or break if a scabbard is usable.

Thanks for linking to that one, adding more info and alternative methods is great.