Darksword Anduril

A central place to talk about weapons and armour, as it relates to your kit. This is where you show it of or talk about making it. Discussing the relative merits of types of weapons goes in the WMA section.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Taylor Steiner
Haeropada

Darksword Anduril

Post by Taylor Steiner »

Had this sword years ago. If you like this blade from the movies this one is pretty cool. Not too heavy hand made and cuts and handles well. The cross guard points dig into your top knuckles and the hilt needed frequent polishing but other than that it's a good blade. Cheers friends!
Attachments
Webp.net-compress-image_(1)-min-min.jpg
Webp.net-compress-image_(1)-min-min.jpg (59.19 KiB) Viewed 7785 times
Frodo lives!
Iodo
Thangailhir

Re: Darksword Anduril

Post by Iodo »

Interesting, sounds like you no longer have it, did you replace it in favor of this one?

https://www.middleearthrangers.org/foru ... =28&t=4016

If so, how do they compare? The darksword ranger sword appears to have the same blade length, a shorter grip and is heavier. If the extra weight is in the pommel it might handle better?
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Taylor Steiner
Haeropada

Post by Taylor Steiner »

No, I actually had both at one time but I had the Anduril sharpened buy a fella and he used a grinder(bummer) as I didn't know that grinding ruins the temper on the blade. Oops. Comparing the two I would have to say they are both good swords with the Anduril being lighter/faster. It was a really cool sword. I would buy it again if I had the cash. Darksword makes good stuff. I ended up selling it to a pawn shop owner. He gave me a great price even after I explained to him about the grinding problems.
Yes though the pommel on the Ranger sword is pretty heavy. It's rounded shape is really nice. You can get a good solid grip. The Anduril handled better though.
Frodo lives!
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Nice, Thanks for the info :mrgreen:
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Taylor Steiner
Haeropada

Post by Taylor Steiner »

You bet! I'm just glad I get to talk about swords and cloaks ;)
Frodo lives!