Hello From a New Member!

A central place to talk about weapons and armour, as it relates to your kit. This is where you show it of or talk about making it. Discussing the relative merits of types of weapons goes in the WMA section.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

HuerTa
Wanderer

Hello From a New Member!

Post by HuerTa »

Hello everyone, my name is Steve and I recently joined the boards. I've been on the facebook group for a bit and have really enjoyed the interaction there. I look forward to posting on these boards and continuing to work on building my Ranger kit. As an introduction, I thought I'd post a shot of most of my weapons. I present to you my sword, fighting knife, and utility/camp knife. Missing from this shot are my hand axe and bow/arrows. Mae govanen!

ImageUntitled by Steven Huerta, on Flickr

ImageUntitled by Steven Huerta, on Flickr
Harper
Haeropada

Re: Hello From a New Member!

Post by Harper »

Welcome, Ranger!
Taylor Steiner
Haeropada

Post by Taylor Steiner »

Welcome!
Frodo lives!
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Hey, I know you!

Welcome to the dark side...I think you'll find the off-facebook discussion much more focused. Folks have a wealth of knowledge here! Glad to have you!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Hello and Welcome!
Nice kit by the way :P
Greg wrote:Welcome to the dark side...
Dark side??? I just don't have facebook :mrgreen:
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

Well met!

Your work has quite a custom look to it: it looks like you've been busy!
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Welcome Steve, some of your creations have made their way here already. Between here and SBG most of the folks are well aware and envious of your skills. You are a great addition to the group.
HuerTa
Wanderer

Post by HuerTa »

Thank you for the warm welcome, everyone! Very cool to run into some familiar folk and great to meet some new faces :)
Ghostsoldier
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Ghostsoldier »

Hey, Steve...good to see you here, brother! As a new Ranger myself, I'm stoked to be learning a new hobby....I can't seem to get enough of the genre, and am reading everything here and on the FB groups that I can find (even though I post most of my questions on the FB group, as it's more phone-friendly for me while at work, lol).

Rob
"Nothing's forgotten."
HuerTa
Wanderer

Post by HuerTa »

Ghostsoldier wrote:Hey, Steve...good to see you here, brother! As a new Ranger myself, I'm stoked to be learning a new hobby....I can't seem to get enough of the genre, and am reading everything here and on the FB groups that I can find (even though I post most of my questions on the FB group, as it's more phone-friendly for me while at work, lol).

Rob

Well, well, well...look who it is. Great to see you on here, muindor! I hear you on the facebook bit, it's more convenient on the go. But yeah, definitely absorbing all I can as well!
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

I just clicked over to your flikr - OMG I LOVE THE LITTLE KARATE JEDI. They're adorbs!

I see tons of scabbard pictures: do you do that for hire, or have you been accumulating a house full of swords on your own? :)
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
HuerTa
Wanderer

Post by HuerTa »

Elleth wrote:I just clicked over to your flikr - OMG I LOVE THE LITTLE KARATE JEDI. They're adorbs!

I see tons of scabbard pictures: do you do that for hire, or have you been accumulating a house full of swords on your own? :)
Hahaha, yeah it's always fun doing Star Wars troops with the Rebel Legion and 501st. Putting smiles on the kids' (big and small) faces really makes it worth it.

I wish I had that many swords! I do actually make custom scabbards, sheaths, and grips for swords and knives along with other leather projects. Here's a link to my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/shcustomleatherworks/