Dynasty Forge Bastard!

A central place to talk about weapons and armour, as it relates to your kit. This is where you show it of or talk about making it. Discussing the relative merits of types of weapons goes in the WMA section.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Kortoso
Haeropada

Dynasty Forge Bastard!

Post by Kortoso »

Matt Easton reviews Dynasty Forge's Bastard Sword:

It's an Oakeshott type XVIa by the way, which AFAIK is the type for Strider's sword in Jackson's LOTR, or at least this is type used for practical replicas of the movie sword.
There are no safe paths in this part of the world. Remember you are over the Edge of the Wild now, and in for all sorts of fun wherever you go.
HuerTa
Wanderer

Re: Dynasty Forge Bastard!

Post by HuerTa »

Oooh, I do love me some Matt Easton! The XVIa is my favorite sword type, I'll definitely check this out.

Semi related note, i've been checking out your YouTube channel, really great stuff!
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Nice sword review from a discriminating collector/user.
Kortoso
Haeropada

Post by Kortoso »

HuerTa wrote:Oooh, I do love me some Matt Easton! The XVIa is my favorite sword type, I'll definitely check this out.

Semi related note, i've been checking out your YouTube channel, really great stuff!
Gratitude, HuerTa. :P
There are no safe paths in this part of the world. Remember you are over the Edge of the Wild now, and in for all sorts of fun wherever you go.