Armour and Castings

This section is for reviews of stuff that is commonly available, or from a vendor that has more to get. New sword from Albion, or Windlass? Great. Leather work or cloak from a vendor or another board member who has hung out her shingle? Excellent. Discussion of the finer points of the arrows you just made. Not so much. Put that it in the Weapons & Armor Section.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Kortoso
Haeropada

Armour and Castings

Post by Kortoso »

http://armourandcastings.com/
Is anyone here familiar with this shop? Looks like some good looking buckles for instance, at good prices.
There are no safe paths in this part of the world. Remember you are over the Edge of the Wild now, and in for all sorts of fun wherever you go.
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Re: Armour and Castings

Post by Elleth »

.... I think I've used them once or twice. I *suspect* they're recasts of other work, but I couldn't prove it.
Anyhow - decent, but unless they have a design you HAVE to have I'd go w/Raymond's Quiet Press or (my favorite) Lorifactor.
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Kortoso
Haeropada

Post by Kortoso »

They're in Czechia, so the postage may offset any savings.
I'll check out Lorifactor, thank you. :P
There are no safe paths in this part of the world. Remember you are over the Edge of the Wild now, and in for all sorts of fun wherever you go.
Beathan

Post by Beathan »

Elleth wrote: I *suspect* they're recasts of other work, but I couldn't prove it.
You are wrong, all of our items are carved by our team. It is big reputational impact to be crooked in recastings others work for any big producer, and we have more than 1k titles in our portfolio done by ourselves.
Some items could look like similar to others works in general, because of using same historical sources but in small details or measurements it will be different.

Some of our works are reselling by other people, and some of small European and Indian craftsmen probably recast our works. It is quite obviously when someone order just one piece of each kind of mounts.
Kortoso wrote:They're in Czechia, so the postage may offset any savings.
Our shipping quotes starts from $12 for small package (i.e. small buckle+strapend+some badges), free shipping for orders over $500 and sometimes we have "free shipping promotion" that usually is announced at our facebook page.
Medieval accessories: crowns, knight chains, belts, badges, purses and much more.
https://www.facebook.com/armourandcastings/
https://www.ArmourAndCastings.com
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

Oh dear - I sincerely apologize Beathan! I was misled partly by your catalog, and more I must confess by your pricing structure. At the time, I wasn't finding comparable pieces close to what you were asking.

Thank you for producing such beautiful work, and thank you for correcting me!

And welcome! :)
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.